Chapter 7 | Black Hole

[where Taemin comes across a situation he shouldn't have]

The fire from the sport's event may have flared down but the aftermath was still lingering in the air for Taemin and Jonghyun. Ever since that silent encounter Taemin was sure to keep himself hidden, sure to question a billion possibilities, and sure to let that light from his brown orbs dim. He was trying to keep himself away from Jonghyun as much as possible - even though that pained him - because he had feared if Jonghyun realized who he was or had even gotten the slightest hint of his affection, the whole school would have been ready at his doorstep to verbally beat him down. He had grown fearful of the possibilities he has been trying to avoid ever since middle school, and those events didn't seem lurking far away, much to the young boy's dismay; so he sought it better to stay away.

But that didn't mean he'd let his feelings die away. He still stole glances and loved from far distances when circumstances felt right, like during lunch hours or on his way to art club. He had however stopped paying daily visits to Jonghyun's locker.

Jonghyun never saw Taemin - also known as Doodle bob, for the older boy - from that day onwards and that irked him more. Jonghyun felt like he was on a hunt, a mission, to somehow get a hold of this boy and ask down the questions Jonghyun gave home to in his mind.

He wanted to look in those eyes again, find the depth once again.

He started paying more attention to his surroundings especially when he would make his way to his locker, and as the current reality played out, he still wouldn't find near sight of the young boy. Jonghyun sighed and slammed his locker shut and made his way to his first hour class.

'Why am I so affected by this? Why can't I just shove this topic aside and focus on things better than the kid?' Jonghyun questioned at his slight change in personality. He was never the one to look back and give two ounces of care. But this was different.

Time ticked by and thankfully soon enough it was lunch hour. Jonghyun skipped his way to lunch, only in the sore excitement of being able to eat something. When he sat down next to his friend Jinki, he prayed a single murmur of 'hello' to the whole table before he munched into his lunch. 20 minutes of lunch passed by in talks and munching before the boys and girls cleared the table to focus solely on chattering.

"So what's new?" A random boy who Jonghyun didn't keep up with asked

"Nothing much. Staying focused on studies and university admission processes. That's all" Jonghyun replied

"Gosh how boring is your life dude? Get out. Have some fun. Party. Drink. Explore. We graduate soon. Don't leave with regrets" a girl suggested to which Jonghyun chuckled

"Not a bad idea, I guess" Jonghyun agreed after a thought. After all, he did need a break. His mind was too much of a haywire.

"Well then great. Party at mine day after tomorrow. Bring a date" a dude invited

"That's the thing... Jonghyun doesn't have a date" Jinki spoke up with a smirk lacing his tone, eyes acting like drills of challenge screwing themselves boldly into the eyes of the bachelor football player.

"Interesting" the party host smirked and leaned forward as he gazed intensely at Jonghyun as well, who now invisibly felt flushed at being targeted in such a way.

"I'll be your date!" An annoying girl who Jonghyun despised spoke up and it took all from Jonghyun to not make a face at her and that idea.

"But we don't know his sexuality now, do we?" Jinki whispered in a matter of fact tone as he maintained that challenge in his tone