Chapter 4: Getting Back Into It

A/N: Hey, guys! Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

-Chapter 4-

The next day had come, and Sakura was awakened by the nurse gently petting her hair.

"Wake up, Sakura-chan," she smiled gently at the girl. "It's time for breakfast. Do you feel like you can get out of bed?"

Sakura blinked sleepily and nodded. "Yeah, I guess I can."

With the pretty noirette holding her hand, she slipped out of the sheets and stood up. She hissed at the pain still in her foot from where she'd tripped, but regardless she stood there, hands clasped together over her stomach.

The nurse, Shizune, nodded and gave her a plastic bag. "Kakashi-sensei asked your friend Ino to get some clothes for you."

"Thank you, Nurse Shizune-san." Sakura smiled up at her as she left the room.

She worked quickly, taking off the white gown they'd dressed her in and folding it, leaving it on the nightstand while she made the bed. She put on her undergarments, dressed in a white tank top with a red jersey with 07 on its back, black biker shorts, white socks, and the red tennis shoes she'd worn the day before.

She left the folded gown on the bed, grabbed her journal, and left the nurse's station. She shivered in the early morning air before realizing that she'd never gotten her shower. She glanced back at the dining hall before going back to her cabin, opening the door quietly.

She slipped into their cabin and went straight to her room, locking her journal away in a chest she'd brought in her suitcase. She put the key around her neck under her tank top and jersey, and grabbed a towel.

-

She sighed, drying her long pink hair with her towel. "What a relief."

As soon as she stepped foot in her cabin, she saw her teammates sitting at the table. They looked up once the door opened, and Naruto beamed, jumping out of his chair. "Sakura-chan!"

"Hey, Naruto," she greeted quietly. She kept her eyes off of Sasuke, not trusting herself to treat him kindly.

"We've missed you, Sakura-san," Kakashi chimed in. "You're just in time to come to our next teambuilding exercise."

"Great," she cheered half-heartedly. "Just give me a moment to brush out my hair and I'll be set."

Kakashi nodded, although she noted that Sasuke's expression darkened a bit when she left the room. "Man, what's his problem?"

She grabbed her brush and a bottle of detangler and went to work, brushing her hair out until it lay in straightened tendrils down her back. She fluffed it once more with the towel before putting a hair tie around her wrist and going back out to meet her team.

"I only took five minutes, in case you were planning on complaining." She deadpanned with a frown towards the boys.

"Not at all." Kakashi stood from his chair and led them out the door.

Somehow, Sakura found herself in line in front of Sasuke, and she held her head high, not wanting to let him know that she was affected by his presence.

-

"Okay, genins, now for our first exercise," Kakashi grabbed a ball and showed the team. "I want you to demonstrate your ability to make baskets."