Chapter 3: Sasuke (ft. The Fans)

A/N: Here's chapter 3! I hope you enjoy!

-Chapter 3-

Great. Just my luck.

Sakura angrily wrote in her journal as she sat up in a patient's bed, the dull white sheets wrinkling under her fisted hand.

Not only was her 'teammate' Sasuke a jerk, but he was a snide jerk!

He'd done nothing but make her first day miserable, and somehow she sensed that this was only the beginning.

- Several hours earlier -

"Okay, my cute genin. As our first meeting as a team, we will be doing icebreakers." Kakashi put the book away in his pocket and gazed at the preteens. "So? Anyone want to volunteer themselves?"

"How about you first, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked.

"Me?" He shrugged, tapping his finger against his chin in thought. "Well, I am Hatake Kakashi. Kakashi-sensei to you. I have no intentions of telling you my likes and dislikes. As for my dream... nope, can't tell you that either. I have few hobbies."

"Whaaaat? Lame!" Naruto cried.

"That's all you get out of me." Kakashi seemed amused as he turned to Sakura. "How about you, Sakura?"

"Well, er..." She suddenly felt a pang of nervousness shoot through her at all three males' attention on her at once. "My name is Haruno Sakura. I'm twelve, and I like gaining knowledge, going to the library, and going shopping with Ino. I dislike pompous jerkwads-" cue a well-timed glare towards Sasuke- "and people who can't take me seriously. My dream is to become Konoha's greatest doctor, and my hobbies are reading, hanging out with friends, and studying."

"Good introduction." Kakashi hummed in thought. "Naruto?"

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto, I'm eleven, and I'm gonna become the next mayor of Konoha!" The blond exclaimed with a fist-pump. "I like playing pranks, Sakura-chan, and ramen! I dislike people like Sasuke-teme and people who give up. My hobbies include pranking, eating ramen, and training!"

"Very... spirited of you." A sweatdrop slowly trickled down their teacher's forehead. "And you, Sasuke?"

"Hmph. I'm Uchiha Sasuke, eleven, heir of Uchiha Corp. My likes are none of your business. I dislike annoying people, high expectations, and comparing people. My ultimate goal is to surpass my brother and become the best leader for our business that I can."

"Ooookay..." Kakashi sighed. "Diverse crowd. Can't quite say I love it."

"Uwaaa- I'm older than them?" Sakura screeched in her mind. "How is that even possible?!"

"So what're we gonna do now, sensei?" Naruto asked, a mischievous gleam in his eye.

"First, we break for lunch. Second, we meet back here in this exact spot for a team building exercise." Their teacher pulled out that orange book again and dismissed them.

Sasuke immediately stalked off, leaving his other two teammates together.

"So, liking it here, Sakura-chan?" Naruto asked.

"I admit, it's not bad for some preteen ninja program," she observed. "Although I could definitely do without a prick for a teammate and about half the female population looking at me like they want to kill me and bury my body at the bottom of the lake."