18- Family Day Pt. 2

Lynn's Pov

After a few hours of the triplets flying, we headed back to the event. "I'm starving!" Jaime whined and the other two nodded. "Lets get food then, before Rebecca's performance." I said and Jaime and Harper held my hand. We headed to the buffet and they started filling their plates.

"Only get what you're actually gonna eat!" Harry scolded as the triplets started filling their plates too high. I giggled then felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Gil. "Hey Gil. Having fun?" I asked while turning fully around. "Yea, I was with Becks and the others but Becks left. It's been a while and she hasn't come back. Do you know where she is?" He asked while fiddling with his fingers.

"Aww you're cute. By seeing the time, she should be getting ready." I said while taking my phone out and looking at the time. "Getting ready for what?" He asked then the lights dimmed. "May I have your attention." We turned to the stone gazebo and saw Rebecca. "As tradition goes, the first dance of the night goes to the king and queen. So please make way for King Ben, and most likely, Queen Mal." Becky announced.

We all clapped as Ben and Mal made their way to the dance floor. "I'm dedicating this song to you two." Becky said with a wink.

"Tale as old as time

As Becky started singing, Ben and Mal started slow dancing.

True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I looked to my side and see Harry. We smile at each other and look back at Ben and Mal.

Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the beast

I turn to Gil and see him grinning like an idiot at Becky as she sang beautifully.

Ever just the same

I wrap my arm around Harry's torso and lean my head on him.

Ever a surprise
Ever as before and ever just as sure as the sun will rise

Then the triplets stood in front of us, but couldn't see so I use the last of the pixie dust and sprinkle it on them.

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beast
Beauty and the beast."

We clapped and cheered when Becky finished. "That's my beautiful girl/daughter!!!" Gil and Beast yelled proudly. They looked at each other while Harry and I started laughing and Becky turned red. "Alright, get down here before you drop food on someone." Harry said while looking up at the floating triplets. "Fiiinee." They whined while floating down.

"You were amazing, Becks!" I turned and saw Gil hugging Becky. "Great job, Lass." Harry said and I nodded. "You were amazing. I even think your dad started tearing up." I said with a chuckle. "Thanks guys, and I'm sorry about your dad Lynn." She said with a frown. "Don't be. He's just being a bab- WOAH!" I yelled as I was pulled up in the air.

"Lynn/Peni!!" I heard them call out. I looked up and saw my dad. "What are you doing!!?" I yelled while trying to pull away, but he had a strong grip on me. After a few tries of trying to get out of his grip, I gave up and let him fly us to who knows where.

~•~

I looked down then looked at dad. "We've been circling Auradon high for 10 minutes. You planning on landing anytime soon?" I asked tiredly. He finally stopped and floated us down. We were at the same place I took Harper to cheer her up. He gently placed me down and stood in front of me, his head down so his bangs covered his eyes.

"Now I know where I get my dramatic personality from." I said with a chuckle. "Penelopi... I'm sorry." He barely whispered. 'Is he serious? Eh I'll take it. Better than nothing I guess.' I was about to say something but he beat me to it. "I'm sorry for yelling at you and ignoring you for the past few days. I-I'm your dad so I should be responsible now!" He said while raising his head up and buffing up his chest. A hint of disgust on his face from the thought of responsibility.

I looked at him weirdly and started giggling. "W-Why are you laughing?" He whined while slouching. "It's funny when you try to act like a grown up. Honestly, I didn't even expect you to apologize." I said while crossing my arms with a smirk. He pouted and looked away.

He sighed and turned to me. "16 years of being a parent and I still can't act like one." He said with a chuckle. "Hey, you're still learning." I said while patting his chest. "Dooooeeeess this mean you'll give Harry and the triplets a chance?" I asked as I pulled my hand away. He scrunched up his nose at the mention of them which caused me to glare at him a bit.

"Y...Yea-But if they hurt you in anyway, I'll feed them to the crocodile!" He said angrily while clenching his fists. My face softened and I hugged him. "Thanks dad." I whispered. I felt him relax and he hugged me back. "No, thank you for dealing with me. You and your mom." He said, causing me to smile.

~•~

We both flew back to the party. My dad went to my mom and I went back with Harry. "There you are! You alright?" Harry asked as I landed next to him. "Yup! Perfectly fine." I said with a grin. "Did you two make up?" Becky asked while eating. "Mhm! And he said he'll give you 4 a chance." I said, causing Harry and the triplets to smile.

"That's great, Love!" Harry said and engulfed me into a bear hug. Then I felt the triplets join in the hug. I happily hugged them back.