Surprise

Dara's POV

Im Sandara Park though people close to me calls me dara or dee i just arrived here in korea since my dad's birthday is coming and its a big celebration every year..yeah you know why? because my dad is the president..yep you read it right my dad is the president of South Korea so what do you expect to have him a small celebration?na-uh and also just a lil secret to reveal my bloodline is such wealthy since my mom is the previous crown princess that I m the one having it now for the title...cool right? and what much cooler than that is its a secret for my safety ofcourse so that I can do whatever I want to do..in short I have my own freedom unlike the usual stereotype of being the president's daughter you know what I mean coz dad knows I hate those stuffs like bodyguards everywhere or curfews and specially the traditional arranged marriage thingy thats sucks...

"sorry to disturb your bubble of thought young lady but I would like to inform you that we have just arrived now at the palace" said by my ever favorite personal maid though I treat her as an elder sister..that's Lydia unnie..

"aigoo unnie I've told you many times just call me dara if dad is not around..I know it's your protocol but please dara is just fine"

"yes young lady"

"yah unnie.." i said half shouting

"aigoo tokki you're still the same old tokki that I knew..still stubborn and cute.." unnie said while giggling about my reaction earlier...

"i miss you unnie..i miss being at home..." i said while getting out of the car..

"I'll going to check all of your luggages and I know you want to have a good rest before the dinner later with your dad, everything is set with your old room as what you have instructed if you do need me just ring me a bell okay?..

"yes unnie..gomawo.."

Upon the arrival I feel so giddy being back home though I missed mom so much it's been a year now before she bid farewell to us due to her sickness but I know she's happy up there so we need to move on about it..just when I reached my room unnie is right nothing has been touch as what I have instructed her before I miss my bed my stuff..well so good to be back and just when my eyelids become heavier every seconds I reminisce being here in korea...

I woke up groggily and check my wrist watch.."omo it's already past eight!" I exclaimed and I wonder what dad probably doing now..for sure I have missed the dinner or maybe dad is still busy that's why no one bother to wake me up..

"hello unnie..is dad at home now?" i just dialled lydia unnie's number to check

"yes, he's currently in his library as of the moment" unnie told me on the other line..

"ohh I see..well I guess im just going to surprise him since I'm awake now..thanks" and I prep up myself and place my phone in my jeans pocket...

I went to dad's library at the second floor as what unnie had told me..

while getting inside I've heard dad is talking to someone so I stop and tried to listen first..

I decided to eavesdrop on the ajar door of dad's library so that I could hear it clearly..

"I do see your point there but I need to confide it first with my daughter" as dad retorted on the person he is talking with on the phone

My curiosity spike's up to the highest level, I don't know why but i feel bad about this matter it's like I will not be happy about it because as what I am hearing it's like I'm involve in this plan that dad and the person he is talking to on the other line have come up with..I didn't realized that I'm getting closer to where dad is and their conversation is getting clearer every step I take...

"well I guess I dont have a choice then, but still I just want to make sure that after the engagement party and my birthday celebration as well as the announcement of their identity were going to postphone the date of the wedding since they are still young and I know your son is still enjoying his life being an idol"

wait...wha..what...why...

engagement...

on dad's birthday...

wedding..

announcement...

idol...

okay my mind went haze for a moment before it sink in to me clearly about the conversation happening between dad and the person on the other line...that's it thats the reason why dad wanted me to come back here...so it's like in dramas that the only heir will have an arranged marriage and blah..blah..blah..and what will be the bride to be will do one she heard it...think dara..think...ofcourse rebellion no thats too strong for my character well I just accidentally overheard it..yeah right your eavesdropping dara so you heard it...shoot im getting paranoid now, I need to think a good way to stop this stupid plan..I don't want to get tied with some stranger out there I still want my own happy ever after...

shoot!this is unacceptable I should be the one surprising dad about my return but it seems that I'm the one who got a surprise welcome...

after a couple of minutes my head snap from reverie and dad ended the call..ok this is it relax dara..act like you dont know anything so that dad wont be suspicious...I fake my arrival by making noise at the door and give a slow knock on the door..

"come in.."my dad said while I'm walking in with all smiles..yeah I'm faking it..

"hi dad..did i disturb you?" I ask innocently

"no princess..come here is that the proper way to greet your appa?" which I know he is teasing me...

I gave him my tightest hug since i missed him so much and I nearly cry..maybe mixed emotion because of the sudden revelation awhile ago

"so dad...what will be our theme for your upcoming birthday?.." i started to make a conversation and it didn't escape on my eagle eyes that dad froze for a moment upon mentioning his birthday...hmmm gotcha..

"well I know that you always organized my birthday party princess but this time I have assigned someone about that.." my dad said with his calm voice..really huh as my mind speak so just go with the flow dara act you dont know anything..

"yah appa waeyo??" while acting hurt "why all of a sudden you're going to entrust it with some other people and not me? as i pout

"sorry about that princess..i know you want to help with the planning but this time it would be different because I dont want you to get stressed so much about it..your a princess after all"

Very well said dad, you dont know how stressed am I right now and it seems like I'm going to faint anytime soon..

"look princess dont get the wrong idea about this but i want you to be well prepared on my birthday.." dad said with a calming voice and I know with this kind of voice the bomb will explode...in 3..2..1

"because there is something that is bound to happen during my celebration" as dad stand up on his chair and held my shoulders

"and I want you to accept it no matter what since it would be a surprise for you"..

"just call lydia princess, ive got an emergency meeting with the prime minister sorry.."

and thats how dad leave me stunned on where im standing..dad already left the room im still glued on my spot...

n-no.....I must think a way to stop that plan but first I need to act clueless and excited before i runaway..thats it dara...

i need to run...

i need to getaway with those bodyguard...

i need to flee before dad's birthday...

it's now or never dara..