29. Tangible

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. People since the ancient times worships light. Light provides safety. It shows us the way, making everything seems clear. In light there is no blind spot, no stones left unturned, no single thing left uncovered.

Light is easy to love.

Show me your darkness.

***

I gave Legolas a smirk as our eyes bore into each other, blue meeting grey. With his fingers, he lightly took my chin and tilted my head a bit to study my neck.

"The bruise is fading," he said lowly, still not letting go of my chin. Instead he slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, capturing my lips in his.

There again, that feeling that made my head swim. That spark of electricity that made me come alive. I placed my hands on his arms for support as I tasted his intoxicating lips. So full of promise of what could be; so tempting. By the time we pulled away, Legolas rested his forehead against mine, smiling at me.

"What's that for?" I asked about the kiss, biting my lip.

Legolas' eyes once again traveled to my mouth. He pecked my lips one more time before answering.

"That is me trying to convince you to come out of your room," he said softly. He took my good hand and kissed my knuckles, drawing a smile from me. "You have nothing to be afraid of," his eyes softened as he looked at me.

"I'm not afraid," I denied.

"Then there's nothing stopping you from taking a walk with me." I was about to open my mouth to retort, but Legolas beat me to it, "I do not think that spending your time staring at the Lady Galadriel's gift is productive anymore. It is actually disturbing to think that you are planning on poisoning someone with it," he said with a teasing tone.

"It'll be given only to someone who deserves it," I smiled. "Don't worry."

For a moment Legolas kept looking at me, but I was unable to decipher what was going through under the perfect flaxen hair on his head. I waited until he break his silence.

"Gondor is going to need our help. While we do not know when the beacon of Minas Tirith is going to be lit, I think it is a good idea for us to enjoy the outdoors while we can."

"Months of endless walking is not enough for you?" I asked cheekily. Legolas chuckled.

"You know what I mean," he said, his eyes grew melancholy for a moment. "'Tis not good for you to stay inside all the time. I do not want you to isolate yourself from the world."

"I'm not isolating-"

"Then you can start talking to me about how you feel," he cut me.

"About how I feel?" I smirked at him, "About you?" I feigned ignorance and began tracing my finger on his neck, slowly down to his chest...

I noticed Legolas tensed at my touch and my smile grew. I let my finger slipped under his tunic, feeling his flawless, alabaster skin. His eyes darkened a bit at my touch, but before I could do more Legolas caught my hand, looking somewhat pained.

I wish elves aren't so old fashioned.

"Do not distract me, Sara," he mumbled. "That is really unfair."

"Me? Distracting you?" I taunted, moving my other hand to traced his jaw playfully. I purred, "I thought you want me to tell you how I feel. I don't mind showing you-"

"Stop," he said, stopping my hand again. His eyes bore into mine. Despite the playfulness that I started, Legolas didn't seem amused. "All you have been doing is deflecting my questions. You refused to talk to someone about how you are or how you feel since the bastard touched you."