[9]

Kenny's PoV

Takes place after Kenny's previous chapter.

I stared at my phone, heart pounding. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming, before looking at my phone again.

I wasn't dreaming.

I was at a loss for words. I was filled with happiness, worry, and a bit anxious. Maybe he just wanted to bury the hatchet and get help with Stan. My head was swimming until I realized what time it was. I checked the clock on my phone before sighing, and putting my head in my hands. He had called at around 4:30 AM, while I had just woken up around 11. There was no voicemail, or texts, just a call. I didn't know what it meant. I had said to text, but he did more.

I put my hands down and willed myself out of bed, grabbing a decently clean pair of worn out jeans and changing into them. I put both my phone and my wallet, with whatever loose change I had managed to save, in my back pocket. I then slipped on a plain white shirt, and a dark pair of dirty knock-off converse. I grabbed the orange hoodie I had worn to the party and slipped it on over my head while walking into the kitchen.

I went to the counter and opened up a box of off-brand Pop-tarts. I then opened up one of the packages and ripped a pastry in half, putting the rest back into the box. I quickly ate my breakfast before heading out of the house and walking aimlessly around South park. Karen was supposed to be at Craig's house with Ruby for a few hours today. Well, actually, seeing as how I had woken up this close to noon, she could be anywhere with the little Tucker kid.

I sighed before putting my hands in my hoodie pockets and walking aimlessly around for a bit. I ended up back at Tweek's coffee shop, to see he had bandaged up his face from his encounter earlier. Tweek was busy talking to an elderly woman who seemed to be having a hard time deciding on her order. Craig was no where to be seen, most likely participating in a break long detention for something stupid.

I sat down at a table by the front window, looking out onto the street before me. My goal for the day was to do exactly what I had told Tweek and Craig.

I was going to give Stan and Kyle space to hopefully talk things out, or at least think about things. I was going to attempt to avoid a majority of people.

That list includes the following: Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Bebe.

'Why Bebe?' You may ask. Well, ever since the party, I've had a feeling that she'd try something. I usually don't avoid her like this, but I didn't need to clear my mind with meaningless 'activities.'

I was still looking out of the window when Tweek came over and sat down backwards on one of the chairs, resting his arms on the back.

"Why do y-you look l-like a lost p-puppy?" he asked, tilting his head. 

"I'm going to keep to my word and avoid them today. It's hard, dude." I said. Tweek nodded his head and got up, going back behind the counter to finish his shift.

I got up from my chair as well and headed out the door. One thing that helped to clear my mind other than explicit 'meetings' was forms of exercise. Plus they were great ways to get out of the house when things weren't the best.

Once I hit the street, I broke out into a slow jog, enjoying the fresh air and slight cold breeze. I jogged up the street, towards Token's place.

I slowly started to pick up the pace, and before I knew it, I was flying through the streets of South Park.

I ran all the to the elementary school, and jumped. I flew over the fenced in back and then again towards the front of the school. I cut a sharp corner and started running in front of a row of houses.

By this time, both my hair and hood were flying behind me. I breathed in the fresh air as a smile grew on my face. It had been so long since I decided to go for a run.

Before long, I realized that I was passing in front of Stan and Kyle's houses. I broke into a sprint that carried me straight past, back towards my own house.

I was almost there when I felt a buzz in my back pocket. I slowed to a stop, gulping in air, and pulled out my phone. I checked the screen to see a message from Karen.

1 Message from Karen to you.
1:15 PM: Can you come and pick me up?

I sighed before sending a short reply and turning around. I started walking towards Craig's house. Karen usually spent at least two days a week over there, at most four. She also preferred when I came and walked her home.

She always felt safer with me. I mean, I was her designated guardian angel and all.

A few minutes later and I was knocking at Craig's front door, waiting for Karen to grab her stuff.

The door flew open and there were both Karen and Ruby, laughing about something.

"Bye Karen! Stay safe!" Ruby said laughing.

Karen giggle back, waving. We then departed and started walking back to our house. I absentmindedly started to pick up my pace every time I passed certain people's houses.

My sister and I fell into a comfortable silence, and before long we were passing the railway.

"How was Ruby's?" I asked.

Karen was silent for a moment before replying with a smile.

"It was fun." She said. This was normal for us. We always told the truth, but didn't have to go into detail.

"Alright, there's half of a Pop-tart in the box of you haven't eaten." I said, as we entered the house. I zoned out as Karen said something. I walked to my room and plopped down on the old mattress.

I started thinking. Who else could I talk to about this? There was no way I'd talk to anyone Karen's age.  There was always Mole, but I doubt he'd want in on the drama. Tweek and Craig have helped enough already.

I sighed, rolling over onto my stomach. I decided to take a nap, and promptly fell asleep.

Timey Whimey, Skippity, Dip.

I woke up about an hour or two later. It was now around 3 in the afternoon and my head was killing me. I sat up from my bed with a groan. I felt around for my phone, only to see that it had died.

I sighed, pulling myself completely up onto my feet. I put my phone in my pocket, and walked into the living room, only to see Karen fast asleep on the couch.

I quietly crept outside, closing the door gently behind me. I started walking towards the coffee shop. Tweek usually let me charge my phone there. He had an extra cord and free electricity. I made it about half way there when someone called my name.

It was Stan.

"Hey Kenny! I have to ask you something real quick." He said, running up to me. Once he caught up to me, we both stopped and stared at one another.

"Thanks for trying to help with Kyle and I, but why did he run away?" Stan asked, face showing concern.

I put on a fake smile.

"He probably was a it overwhelmed, but trust me, he likes you. A lot." I said, shoving past Stan and continuing on to the small shop.

He didn't follow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heya! Sorry I didn't update earlier, I l've been busy trying to draw on paper again and there's a noticeably better difference than on electronics. Also sorry if there are any errors on this chapter, it was written on my phone instead of computer! -A~C