14- I Like You And All That

Start from the beginning

When we were about a good ten to fifteen feet off the ground, Allie held on to his father, her head buried in his chest.

“I don’t want to ride anymore.” I could hear her muffled voice.

Liam puffed out his chest like a man and held her hand without moving the car so much.

“Don’t be scared Al-ee.” He said as she slowly lifted her face up. “I’m here, and I not scared.”

I smirked as I looked at Liam. At such a young age, he was obviously in love with the girl.

I heard Blake sigh in front of me, shaking his head at Liam. He then proceeded to cover his eyes with his forearm.

“That kid better watch out.”

I chuckled at his statement. “More like you need to watch her out.” I gestured my head to Allie who held Liam’s hand tightly.

“I’m not sure about this.”

I frowned at him. “Why not? Liam’s a good kid.”

“For now.” He deadpanned. “We don’t know if he still is when he grows up.”

I nodded silently, taking in what he just said. He was right. There was no guarantee that he’ll always be like this, that he’ll hold her hand when she’s scared, that he’ll get excited when they see each other. I’ve had my fair share of experiences to know these words were true.

“Hey Bethany?” Blake called, cutting my train of thoughts short. I looked up at him, a sign to continue speaking. “I was wondering…”

“Of what?” I asked when he started trailing off his words. I traced random lines on the metal seat with my orange colored manicured fingers that were starting to chip off. I need to remove these.

He smiled at me sheepishly, the shade of light pink slowly started to tint his cheeks and ears. Blake looked so cute and I like the fact that even a twenty seven year old man slash father would still blush like a schoolboy.

“Well, Allie has been begging me to go to the beach for days before she stays with Stephanie’s parents.” Blake said as he stroked Allie’s brown locks, his fingers running through her silky soft hair. “And I was wondering, well hoping actually that both you and Liam would join us.”

“To the local beach?” I asked making sure.

“No.” he rubbed the base of his neck. “It’s a few towns over, a two and a half hour drive. Actually, I was thinking of staying there for a night so we won’t have to rush to get home, you know? I don’t want any accidents or detours to happen.”

I nodded in agreement. “That’s a pretty good idea, that way we can relax and have fun.”

“Exactly.” he looked at me with his gray eyes twinkling like the stars at a dark night. “So is that a yes?”

I grinned at him. “Yeah I guess so.”

The wheel stopped when we were at the top so I took a peak down and saw just in time for the guy who helped us in the car signal something with his hand as he stepped backwards. The cabin shook a bit and my eyes snapped to my companions who looked at me in confusion.

Without warning, the Ferris wheel started turning fast and I let out a shriek, and so did Allie and Liam. I closed my eyes immediately as I felt gravity pull my insides down.

I grasped Liam’s hand tighter and when I did, I felt someone gripped mine in a reassuring way. Slowly, I opened my right eye and found Blake’s hand on top of my mine as he sent me an uplifting smile.