The Time We Didn't Need Words

Adrien looked down at me and caught my arm before I could escape, "Hey, how are you?" He asked. I looked at my arm and up at him, trying to get my arm out and finding his grip solid, I gave up.
              "I'm fine.  Thank you for asking." I said simply, not making eye contact.  I just wanted to get out of there.  I couldn't get it out of my head what he had done and I just wanted to leave. He looked at me sadly and let go of my arm. I quickly ran to my next class trying to leave whatever he was going to say out of it. He knew I was upset and I was glad. No matter what, I never wished for violence.

Lunch rolled around and I was escorted to Alya and Marinette by Jack. I sat quietly by while the girls and Jack talked amongst themselves. Jack put his arm around me, glancing down at me and catching my eye to make sure it was okay. I nodded and he grinned, looking back at the girls and continued talking. I was blank, staring off at nothing as I thought. My mind wandered to what I felt. I glanced up at Jack and smiled softly, hugging his arm wrapped around me. I leaned against him and looked past the girls at Nathaniel who waved. I grinned and waved him over to talk with us. I looked around at everyone who surrounded me, sighing and relaxing for the first time that day. I adored these people, I couldn't survive without them.
Chloé entered the room and slammed the doors open, Sabrina in tow. She surveyed the room and made eye contact with me before pausing. She turned quickly and pretended she didn't see me as she walked and sat with Nino and Adrien.. Adrien. He was staring right at me. His eyebrows knit together, his mouth downturned, eyes hurt. He got up, waving Chloé away as he walked into the hall silently. I looked down at my hands. Not your problem, you have your friends, you are happy. I chuckled to myself, no I'm not. I excused myself from my friends, giving them a reassuring look before chasing after Adrien.

I turned a corner and saw him sitting against his locker with his eyes closed. I made my way beside him and slid down the lockers. I remained quiet as I let him look over at me as I stared forwards sadly. "You didn't have to come pity me." He mumbled to himself. I shook my head and rested my head on his shoulder.
"Of course I had to come." I said quietly. His head leaned against mine as we sat in silence. Nothing needed to be said, company was enough. It was a comfortable silence as I closed my eyes and sat there with him. The halls were quiet, everyone was gathered in the lunch room giving us our space. But it didn't feel like anyone else was there. No one else needed to be there but us.

The bell rang and people's voices began echoing through the halls. Adrien lifted his head from mine. We looked at each other, smiling slightly. "Thank you." He said simply, standing and offering a hand to me. I took it and stood up, slowly releasing hands as we parted ways. It was kind of nice to have such an understanding. I smiled to myself as I finished my classes for the day. I went out of the building with my head light and heart calm. It wasn't as bad as I thought, walking along the streets of Paris as I left for home. I felt comfortable and safe, finally feeling at home in these otherwise foreign streets. I went up to my room and chatted with Duusuu and was able to spill all my feelings and talk about everything while Prince slept on my chest. Life wasn't so bad, I had so many people who I cared about and who cared about me and I'd never believed that before. I kept thinking all was well as I slept. Only to be awoken by screaming voices outside my window.

(HAIII SO SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY! Tho im probably not gonna be posting regularly, just when I want to)

(PLEASE COMMENT YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINIONS AND IF U WANT MORE! That truly motivates and reminds me to make more of these for y'all! DO YOU WANT ADRIEN? OR JACK? HAS LUDRIEN DIED? WILL JUNA WIN OUT? ARE THERE BETTER SHIP NAMES?!)