The Time I Took Off The Mask

I grabbed my backpack and looked back at Prince who looked at me with such sat eyes.  "You know what, I've always wanted to try this." I grabbed a bag from the counter and picked out a harness and a leash, it was grey and would fir perfectly on a little kitten.  I sat down and brought Prince over to me.  "Please don't tell me that he is coming with us." Duusuu floated over.  "Yes, he is.  He is my fur baby too!" I rolled my eyes at her hooking on the leash.  I stood up holding the leash, looking as Prince skipped around. Duusuu groaned, "But I wanted you to show me around! Not this fluff ball." She poked my shoulder.  "You said you would get along.  Now you will get your time Duusuu, but this is also Prince's first time out.  Now play nice or you aren't  coming with us!" I put my foot down.  She huffed, "fine! But only because you could get hurt out there!" She sat down on the counter. I picked up Prince and put Duusuu in my hood.  I grabbed my phone and keys and walked out of my apartment building.  "Where do you wanna go?" I asked Duusuu hidden in my hoodie.  "Somewhere pretty!" She squealed.  I smiled heading towards the eiffel tower.  I cringed as we passed the river, the bench, where they had fought. I opened my bag and looked at my phone to see it full of missed calls and texts:
Adrien: Luna please talk to me!
(23) Missed call from Adrien
Jack: please, Luna you cant ignore me forever.
(30) Missed call from Jack

My chest ached, I couldn't talk to them after that. How could I talk to the two people I care about that I caused to fight with each other. Just over me, I was nothing special and I shouldn't be praised as such. I felt Duusuu nudge me as I took a deep breath.
"Alright, this is the eiffel tower." I waved my hand toward the giant structure. Duusuu's tiny gasp made me smile despite myself. Knowing I had her now was going to be a lot of help. I sat down on a bench and picked Prince up and placed him on my lap. People had given me very strange looks, a girl walking a cat. I laughed at their expressions of confusion, and just closed my eyes and felt the sun warm me.
~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~
"Luna?" I heard a voice above me. I opened my eyes and saw Duusuu who had been marveling at the tower and nature all around retreat into my bag. I looked up at Marinette who was smiling at me.
"Well hello! Long time no see!" I greeted her and scooted over trying to not disturb prince sleeping on my lap. Marinette sat beside me giggling, "Well I cant believe I ran into you! What are the chances?"
(MARINETTE DONT BREAK THE FOURTH WALL)
I shrugged before seeing her look down at Prince. I grinned, "Oh yeah! You haven't met Prince!" I motioned for her to pet him.
She smiles and petted his small head, in response he stretched and yawned before curling back up on my lap.
"I didn't know you had a cat? Where were you hiding him?!" She said slightly upset she had not met him.
"Oh nono, I just recently adopted him."
"Your parents allowed you to have a cat? I wish my parents could."
At that I smiled awkwardly, feeling the mask I hid behind even with her. I could never show a sole.
"Anyway I'm headed to the bakery for some lunch, wanna come?" She asked sweetly.
"Lunch? Already?" I looked at my phone for confirmation 12:45, "well dang." Marinette laughed and held out a hand to help me up. I set Prince in my arms deciding to carry him since he was exhausted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
We arrived at Marinette's bakery and I greeted her parents. We went upstairs and made sandwiches and ate in peace, laughing and smiling like we always did. Marinette always had that affect, she was so sweet and funny. She was so genuine and made me always feel better when I was around her.
After lunch I played video games with her, both of us equal match for each other. I'd win one or two in a row then she would take victory over me, a cycle of endless fun. However it had to end as I checked the time and bolted up.
"Shoot! I gotta get to work!" I dropped the controller and threw on my bag.
"What about Price?" Marinette called after me.
"Please take care of him for a bit and I'll come to pick him up asap! Thanks Marinette!" I called as I ran down the stairs. I nearly knocked over a guy as I rammed into him on accident. I stepped back, "So sorry!" I said impulsively as I looked up at Adrien's shocked face.
"Luna..." He said slowly. My eyes widened and adrenaline shot through my body.
"LATE FOR WORK GOTTA GO BYE!" I said without taking a breath as I blasted through the shop doors. I faintly heard him call after me but I was too far away as I ran down the streets and was nearly hit by a car. I opened the door to the building, gasping for breath. Ms. Nuque walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Luna are you alright?" She asked concerned.
"Yes, I just didn't want to be late." I said slowly still catching my breath.
"Sweetie you know you can be a little late, It's really all right. Im sure the kids can be alright." She offered, but I shook my head.
"Its my job and the kids deserve all that I can give." I said eventually straightening and lifting my head higher. Ms. Nuque smiled and led me into the run down room. The bunk beds were bland and the sheets dark and gloomy, but there was little dust and all the sheets were clean and carefully made. The children's smiles were priceless as they sat on the raggedy carpet waiting for me. I walked over and sat in the squeaky, old, wooden rocking chair. Beside it held the book we had been reading that I was able to buy for the children. Percy Jackson, a favorite series of mine that I had believed the children would adore in all of its magics. I turned to the page we had stopped on and before reading looked up at the kids, and felt the strongest connection to them. I finally took my mask off, and spoke to them orphan to orphans. And I began to read.

(I AM SO SORRY FOR BEING GONE SO LONG MY LUNANITES BUT IS THIS OKAY? I HOPE THIS CHAPTER IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU ALL! I hope I can make more sooner for you all and please, if you want more tell me in the comments and tell me what you think! Luv youuuuu!)

Le Paon (miraculous ladybug x oc)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें