The Time My Lunch Was Interrupted

I lifted my head slowly from my poofy pillow, looking at the clock beside my head. 7:00. "UUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH." I groaned dropping my face back into my warm pillow. This morning was unnaturally cold, making me even less keen on leaving my bed. But its so warm! And so floofy. I want a cat, it shouldn't be that hard to take care of! I just want a snuggle buggy, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK. Okay stop. Breathe. And QUICKLY OUT OF UNDER THE COVERS! I threw my covers up and launched myself out of bed. As if going fast would help me keep the warmth of the bed. THIS CRAP IS COLD! STUPID EARLY SCHOOL! STUPID FREEZING AIR! I remembered the Chloe debacle yesterday, and rubbed the tiredness from my eyes. Too much crying, too fragile. Must be confident! Put on your best smile! Your best self from today! I looked myself in the mirror, and wiped the blurriness from them as I looked at my messy hair and face covered in pillow creases. "Today I'm going to be confident through anything life throws at me!" I said cheerily. I blew out my cheeks, FOCUS! F-F-FOCUS ON MEH! I grabbed my outfit and styled my hair, applying a small amount of makeup before leaving. I snagged my backpack, and keys before a last check in my mirror. Its somewhat presentable. I smiled and stuffed a hoodie in my bag, leaving my apartment. I threw my scarf around my neck, and pulled on soft black gloves. I made my way to Marionette's bakery, opening the door hearing the familiar chime. Her father stood behind the counter helping a customer. "She is upstairs!" He said to me pointing to the staircase leading up to their home above the bakery. I waved and climbed up the stairs. I hate stairs. Wait seriously, its a flight of stairs im so flippin out of shape. ITS STAIRS FOR GOODNESS SAKES ITS NOT LIKE IM RUNNING A MARATHON! I reached the top of the stairs, hiding my slight labored breathing. I walked over to the kitchen and set down my backpack, feeling so comfortable in Marionette's house as if it was my own. I grabbed two pieces of toast and popped them in the toaster, opening the fridge to get the butter. "MARIONETTE! HURRY UP!" I yelled. I heard a thump, followed my quick footsteps. I watched the toaster, waiting for the pop. (Is it just me or do other people get scared EVERY TIME THE TOAST POPS UP?). Silence was unnerving as I knew it would pop at any moment. I was determined THIS TIME IT WOULD NOT SCARE ME! I stared angrily at the toaster, a scowl that would make most people shiver. The toast popped, and I jumped squeaking in surprise. I scrunched up my nose, frustrated. I put the pieces of toast on a plate and buttered them, eating one while I waited for Mari.
She came quickly down the stairs smiling. I handed her the other piece of toast, "its getting cold." I said with a mouthful of toast. She rolled her eyes before taking the toast and eating it. We grabbed our bags and headed out, giving out goodbyes to Mr. DupenChang. "Luna, you have crumbs all over your face." Marionette giggled. I huffed, "I swear I cant eat anything without getting it all over my face! It's a curse I tell you!" I said valiantly before wiping my face with my wrist. "So how are you doing after the Chloe thing?" Mari asked, her face turning more serious. I just knew she was gonna ask that. WOULD PEOPLE STOP THINKING IM A BABY! IM NOT FRAGILE, I AM STRONG AND I AM FINE, OKAY! However my internal yelling did not make it out because instead I said, "Oh, yeah. I'm fine, Chloe is just a jerk. I've heard worse, she is nothing." I cringed at the comments flooding my brain. "Its all your fault." "Pig Pig Pig!" "I heard she caused it." "I bet she is proud of what she did." The words stung, the gossiping, the taunting. I clutched my head, shaking it roughly as if to shake the thoughts away. "Are you alright?" Mari asked. Even she didn't know all of it. The bullying, she knew. While the worst of it I still never told a sole, other than the police. "Yeah, just got a really bad headache." I lied.
Marionette looked concerned, there it was again. I should be flattered that she cares. But that look, just reminds me of them. All those pitying glances i'd been given so many times before. I was done with those looks. I smiled, holding my head higher. Pushing a facade of confidence and joy, "Lets get to class!" I smiled and skipped forwards. The front, the distraction, the running from it. It never lasted.
I chatted with Marionette and Alya through class. Ignoring the looks given by the other students, but when they saw how un phased I was, the looks went away. Only Nath and Adrien gave me those looks. Math, Science, Literature all flew by. My stomach grumbled and groaned, when was the last time I ate food? Captains log It was been five years since my last meal, my stomach is not attempting to imitate a whale song in hunger. As soon as the lunch bell rang, I bolted out of the room and rushed down the halls. I caught a blue-black hair and veered towards it. Catching marionette's arm and yanking her towards the cafeteria to devour all the food.
A crash was heard, and glass went flying. A floating figure entered through the shattered window looking down on all of the terrified faces. "I AM PHOBIA! AND YOU WILL ALL FEEL YOUR WORST NIGHTMARES!" Yelled the dark girl. Her hair was white, and her skin a grey color. While she wore dark blood red armor and carries a stuffed animal of a bunny. Screams erupted from the cafeteria, and everything went into chaos. People rushed to the exits to see them closed and locked by Phobia. I pushed Marionette behind me, and glared up at the akuma'd little girl. I had to get her down from there. Adrenaline rushed through my blood, a distraction. I needed to draw her away from the people. Phobia swooped down and touched a guy before swooping back up. The guy fell to his knees, screaming, "SPIDERS GET THEM OFF PLEASE PLEASE!" He shouted franticly swatting his arms and legs. I stood atop a cafeteria table, my feet planted and my hands belled into fists before me. "HEY! YOU FEED OFF OF FEAR? GUILT? WELL I HAVE THE MOST OF ALL OF THAT! COME AND GET ME!" I screamed, my voice cutting through the yelling and pandemonium. I saw Adrian pushing at the doors and look around looking for something. I also spotted Marionette doing the same, before looking into her purse urgently. Phobia came swooping down towards me, arms outstretched. I tumbled off the table, out of reach. Phobia swooped back up and came around for another attack. All her attention was on me, and the students and teachers got the doors open. At least I can save a majority of them. I spared a glance towards the fleeing kids before turning and rolling barely in the nick of time to move out of the way of Phobia. The guy she had touched had turned to stone his face full of terror, and fear. I saw a streak of black that I recognized as Chat Noir, and a blur that was ladybug. "Care to let us join the party?" Chat noir asked. He started to run over, and made me lose concentration. Pausing a moment too late. I reached a hand towards Chat Noir and slowly saw his face turn to warning and shock. Before I knew it, i felt a cold hand on my back, the freezing cold spread through my body. I couldn't see anything.
----
A fury of red and orange flickered in front of my vision, screams shattered my ears. "NO! NO!" I screamed, painfully. I felt a searing pain on my foot, and my side. Like a hand of pure molten heat pushed into my side. I heard a baby's cry, and saw into the endless sea of light and fire, two figures huddled together holding a baby in their arms. "NOOO! STOP! NOT AGAIN!" The yells scraped out of my throat as if I hadn't had water in months.
Chat Noir POV:
Phobia swooped down a third time, but Luna was looking at me and smiling held out her arm towards me. I saw Phobia swoop down and smirked as she successfully touched Luna. Luna fell onto her side, before turning to her back writhing in pain. "She was right, so much pain. So much fear and guilt!" Phobia laughed triumphantly. "NO! NO!" Luna writhed on the ground her voice begging, pleading. I couldn't help as I rushed to her side. Her eyes were open, but her eyes were completely black. "NOOO STOP! NOT AGAIN!" Her voice was shrill and loud. Her words were like s knife being stabbed into my heart, what could she have feared or be guilty of that could be this horrible?

( i know im cutting it off here, cliffhanger! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA! Show your support in the comments! Please vote if you liked it! And tell me any suggestions or requests you might have for this story and I'll certainly consider adding them!)