After I got dressed I headed back to my en-suite to add my usual clear gloss and mascara before putting on a spritz of perfume and heading downstairs.

 Another unfortunate thing happened this week that did not please me in the slightest. My car, for some odd reason, didn’t turn on this morning so I had to call Piper to tell her she had to drive us. It felt weird knowing that my car was going to be in the shop for the majority of the weekend to be fixed but I’m just lucky that although my friend didn’t normally use it, she did own her own used car.

I grabbed my phone off the living room table and headed to the foyer to wait for Piper. This weekend, whether she liked it or not, Piper was the driving monkey instead of me.

After a couple of minutes of waiting, checking my phone apps for updates and playing quick games, I heard a horn blast a couple of times to announce that Piper was now waiting in my driveway.

Nobody else was home at the moment so I took my keys and locked the door while heading out quickly to Piper’s car. The weather wasn’t horrible it was just cold and thank god it wasn’t snowing tonight because I worked to long for my hair to be ruined.

Yes, I know that I sounded like quite a diva but I wanted to look good tonight for the recital. A lot of high class people and professionals went to these recitals and I didn’t want my hard work all to be for nothing.

I opened the passenger door to Piper’s car and quickly slid into my seat, closing the door and buckling my seatbelt.

When I turned to greet Piper, I stopped and raised an eyebrow as she was staring at me with a weird look on her face. “Everything alright Pipe?” I asked her, slightly confused.

She shook her head and sent a smile in my direction. “Nothing, it’s just you look really good in that outfit. Too bad Jett wasn’t going to see you tonight because he would flip out… you look hot girl.” she replied cheekily while putting her car into drive and heading towards Blake’s house.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back into my chair. “You helped me pick out this outfit a couple of months ago and I thought I’d finally wear it tonight. Plus, Jett doesn’t care what I wear, like I told you before, he isn’t interested in me.” I said, switching her radio channel from a country one to the greatest hits channel.

“First of all, just because y’all aren’t totally into each other at the moment doesn’t mean that it restricts any kind of lovey dovey feelings down the line and second of all, you’re lucky I like this radio station or I would hurt you for touching the music.” she replied.

I didn’t really have a good reply to that so I just stuck my tongue out in her direction, which received a chuckle in return, while relaxing as we made our way to Blake’s house.