Chapter 19

When Colin finishes his shift and comes down to our floor,  and sending a wink at me,  he sails into Gabriel's office,  a few moments later Gabriel comes out,  goes to Cassidy's desk and she joins them in the office,  she glares at me as she walks past,  I  glance at Matt who shrugs,  but he's watching the situation,   I swear I hear him say he wishes he had popcorn. 

The door closes, the sound echoing through the floor,  everyone silently watching the event.  About fifteen minutes later Cassidy comes back out,  she looks like she's near tears and heads straight for her office and slams the door. 

Colin comes out shaking Gabriel's hand a few moments later,  and comes to my cubical smirking. 

“I don't see her bothering you anytime soon, and feel free to come to my floor anytime. To be honest,  there's a particular computer network technician that dealt with a catty problem and will require compensation.  He's in the office again tomorrow."  he leans against my desk,  “Ready to go?” I smile,  close up my computer and take the hand he's offering me.

Once outside I loop my arm around his. “Do I want to know what you did?”

He looks down at me and his lip twitches,  “Nope.” He loosens his arm from mine and wraps it around my shoulders pulling me closer, I laugh.

When we get home I stretch out on the couch and Colin comes behind me and pulls a couple Bobby pins my hair cascades over my shoulders, he stands playing with a couple strands and then goes to sit down across from me. He taps his side and I move over to cuddle into his arm,  he plays with my hair.  “Seriously,  thank you.”

“Hmm, for what?” I feel his penetrating blue eyes trying to read me.

“Even if Cassidy lays off for a day or two,  it will make life easier.  She really has been after me since day one.”

“No worries.  Ms. Sparke just learnt her own lesson about harassment.  I just dug out all the files containing complaints against her that had been deleted.  And removed her ability to access company HRD files so she can no longer delete them before anyone else sees.” My breath catches “She was going that?”

“Yeah, and there was more than what even I thought.  I told Gabriel I'd found them on an underused server that should have been empty.  So he was quite happy with my work.”
I sigh,  it doesn't surprise me that she would do it.  My hand caresses his thigh,  “What do you want for dinner?”

“Are you an option?” I pat his leg “Sweet things are for dessert.  Not dinner.”

He grabs me close and pulls me tight,  “Then after dinner I'll be eating you all night.” I groan and stand up, he pinches my ass cheek then grabs his guitar. He strums while I cook, the sound is amazing,  it washes over me like a lover's caress promising the future,  while embracing the past,  the hard times and the difficulties.  I stand and watch him.  “What is that?” I ask as he stops, 
“Something I'm working on. Its an ongoing work in progress.”

“It's beautiful,  it speaks volumes.”

He smiles at me,  and I set the table,  he comes up behind me,  wrapping around me “You inspire me.” He kisses my neck and settles at the table.

I smile and we chat as we eat. I find out that his email has been off the hook, and he has a few solo and were still have a few band events coming up in November, just on the Northeast coast, he looks at me “Will you accompany me? I really do prefer having you by my side.”

“I'll talk to Gabriel,  see if there is anything that he needs me for,  and see if I can get the time off. It's a month in advance,  so it shouldn't be a problem.”

“Really kitten,  you think the time off will be a problem,” his eyes reflect mischievously “have I not already proven to you that its just a formality.”

I roll my eyes.  “You are incorrigible.”

He stands and comes to my side at the table,  “So do you agree?”

“Yes,  you stubborn royal pain in my ass, as long as Gabriel doesn't need me for anything, I'll go with you.”

“Kitten, I'll always need you more than that redundant manager of yours will need you.  If he'd just fuck Cassidy on the regular the whole floor would be better off"

I stand up send laugh out “vulgar!” but it's true if they would just get the dancing around done things might move forward.

“I'll show you vulgar.” His voice raspy as the match ignites in his eyes.  His arms wrap around my waist, I put my hands on his chest,  defying him,  it intensifies the flames dancing,  his strong hands pull me closer,  crushing me against him,  he raises a defiant eyebrow and my heart explodes into fireworks,  I'm surprised we don't implode.  His mouth plays with mine,  lightly testing me,  I shudder and vibrate with lust, I push him back slightly playfully and it's all he needs.

He hits my lips like a category 5 hurricane,  my body reacts,  my arms wrap around his neck.  He groans as I simper against him,  his hands slipping up my shirt,  his hair tickling my arms,  he pulls back as he pulls my shirt over my head,  I grab his tie pulling him back into me,  I kiss his jaw and neck before finding his lips again.  I let my hands undo his shirt and slide it over his shoulders. 

He lifts me and carries me to the bedroom,  he throws me on the bed unceremoniously and then comes back to me,  he slides between my legs naturally, his hand sliding up my thigh,  I grab his tie again pulling him up to my mouth.  His hands take their time over my body,  and I pant against his lips.  He finally reaches behind me,  flicking his fingers he unsnaps my bra expertly, using his mouth he removes the fabric,  doing so inspiring a sigh- moan from my throat,  his primal chuckles makes me shiver.  My hands bury themselves in his hair as his mouth and hands move south, he unzips and slides my skirt off. His mouth worries the edge of my panties before he yanks them off with his teeth.  His canines drag along my inner thigh,  and my body responds.  The sound of approval that fills my ears maddens me,  driving me to places only he has ever been able to take me.  He angles my knees,  and hips,  then drives his tongue onto me,  “Colin!!!!” I scream his name and his fingers dig deeper into my hips pulling me closer as he licks more luxuriously and harder,  his hair tickling my thighs,  I can't help letting myself go to his lavishly working mouth,  I thrust against him my body becoming more and more fevered,  he uses it to his advantage, pushing harder on my sensitive nub, he licks,  teases,  torments me until I can't take anymore and with my hands deep in his hair, thighs tight on his shoulders,  succumb to him. 

He pulls himself out of his pants and they fall to the floor,  my sensitive thighs wrap around him,  his mouth possesses mine,  I can taste both of us,  and it fuels the desire filling me.  His body molds to mine perfectly,  embraced within me, he sets a slippery pace,  his face in my neck,  hair cascading over my breasts, he bites down on my shoulder as he comes, instigating the same response in me. Our bodies glisten with sweat,  the sheets a mangled mess on the floor, I'm sure I see a fog on the window. 

He trails my abdomen with his fingers,  his eyes meet mine roguery reflecting in them.  “Hmph, best dessert ever.”

I smile and look at him,  my eyes take in every inch of him, still incredulous over the fact he's mine,  he smiles as he notices me checking him out.  “Enjoying the view Kitten?”

“I'm never going to get enough of you.” I roll onto my side,  laying my hand on his stomach,  he puts his hand on mine and plays with my fingers “You know, I've told you why I'm in love with you,  but you've never told me what attracted you to me..” his comment catches me off guard,  I honestly thought it had been obvious.

“You mean beyond your dark and dangerous good looks and intense sex appeal?”

He chuckles,  the deep sound filling my heart.  “It was your passion,  drive,  dedication.  I could see past your walls when you let me, you understood me, you got me.  You are able to see my soul, complete the missing parts of me. I wasn't expecting it,  hell I did everything in my power to deny the attraction and connection we had, the freedom you inspired in me,” I sigh and lean back onto my pillow.

“I tried to convince myself you'd be worse than a drug addiction. I  had never felt as connected to anyone, like there was a puzzle piece missing in me. I could see past the annoying, sarcastic showman,  and the man inside stole me heart.”

His silence makes me uncomfortable,  I really wish he would stop shutting down on me. I turn my head towards him,  and I'm met with intensity that burns me to my core.  “You tried to shut me out,  and it almost worked,  but I was drawn to you like a moth to a flame.  Hell I still don't get all your facets, and you shut me out,  but I know it's not intentional,  and I hope one day you can let me in all the way.”

His fingers slide along my side,  as I feel his eyes looking for something in mine. I left him into everything I feel,  I have no secrets,  I love this ridiculous metalhead if he likes it or not.  I wish we could get past this yoyo, but knowing his past I understand his hesitance. I'm patient,  and he's worth it. 

“I might not say it often Kitten, but I love you. Its not my way,  but I hope I live up to your expectations and let you know how much you mean to me.”

I move into him, grabbing his eyes with me “Communication isn't your strong suit,  but believe me, I know.”

He pulls me in, lays a light kiss on my lips then my forehead.  “Good.”