Chapter 17: Final Chapter

"Fuck.... hey, Luke?"

"What, babe?"

"Come here."

I held up the pregnancy test. It read positive.

"Maybe we should get another one, just in case."

"Taylor, this is the fourth pregnancy test you've taken. They've all read positive. We should probably just go to a doctor."

"I just really don't want to lose this one."

"I know, honey. But please make an appointment."

So I called a gynecologist and they said I could get in within the week so I scheduled the appointment for the next day.

The next day:

Luke and I were on our way to the doctor. He was driving, I grabbed his hand.

"I hope everything turns out right this time."

"Me too."

We entered the parking lot and we both got out to walk into the building. I walked up to the receptionist and gave her my name. She told me to have a seat. Not even five minutes later, I got called back.

"How are you doing today?"

"I'm pretty good, I guess."

"Is that your boyfriend?"

"Yes he is."

"So what brings you here today?"

"I took a few pregnancy tests and they all came back positive, so I just wanted a look from a doctor."

"Alright, awesome. Let's begin an ultrasound, then we can continue with a regular checkup and pelvic exam."

I smiled while she was rubbing the gel all over my stomach. She placed the machine onto my stomach and was moving around everywhere, looking.

"I don't see anything present in the uterus."

"Wait, what?"

"You don't appear to be pregnant. Let me run a few more tests just to be sure."

She did some blood tests and then the exam. I took another pregnancy test. This one was negative.

A few moments later we found out that I was pregnant.

Four months later:

Luke and I decided to split up. For good. Things just weren't working out for us anymore. We weren't happy. Luke and the boys are going off with their music career and we just didn't have time for each other anymore.

Five years later:

I was driving my son to school one day when I was listening to the radio.

"Here's a new debut single from our favorite, hot, new band, 5 Seconds Of Summer!"

I pulled over in the car. I listened to the words.

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving, I remember the makeup running down your face..."

I started crying. Those lyrics were just beautiful. And I was hoping that they were about me.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" My son, Robert, had a confused look on his face. I decided to name him after one of the most influential people in my life.

"This song. This song is being sung by the best people I know. I was very good friends with all of them while growing up. One of them was my stepbrother. Your uncle, Luke. I think you should stay home from school today so you can meet him."

I drove my son all the way to Luke's penthouse in the city, hoping that he would be there. When we arrived, I took my son out of the car and walked up to the door security.

"Who are you here to see? And what is your name?"

"Luke Hemmings. And just let him know it is his stepsister, Taylor."

They called him and let him know. He complied to me seeing him.

We walked to the elevator and went up until we reached the correct floor. I walked up to Luke's door and knocked nervously.

When he opened the door and saw me holding my son, he looked so happy. We blankly looked at each other for a few seconds, but then greeted each other with a hug.

"Oh my gosh, Luke! How are you? It's been so long..."

"I'm doing really great. And I can see that you are too. Can you introduce me to this little guy?"

"Luke, this is your nephew, Robert. I named him after you."

Luke smiled and reached out to grab Robert.

We chatted for hours and had a great time seeing each other for the first time in forever.

A few hours later, I told him I needed to leave.

"Well, Taylor. I've had a great time seeing you today. We should do this more often."

"Oh, absolutely. It was so nice seeing you."

"We stared at each other for a few seconds before I left. And in that moment, I knew that he would always be more than a stepbrother.

The end, you guys! I know it's been a long time in the making, but I'm really proud of this and I hope you enjoyed this! Thanks for reading!