Chapter 16

A month later:

It was like nothing had ever happened. We went back to normal for a while. Michael was doing great. He finally got to come home. When he got home, Calum confessed his feelings to Michael, so yeah. Now that's a thing.

Luke and I were living with Jack again and life was great. We even started looking for our own place again. We found a two bedroom apartment, which honestly would be plenty for us.

"Hey, Luke," I said standing in the bathroom about to brush my teeth.

"Yeah, babe?"

"I think we should call back about that apartment. It would be perfect for us, don't you think?"

"I'll call right now," he smirked and I started brushing my teeth.

This is what we've wanted for so long. Luke and the boys were playing gigs everywhere and making great cash. We could definitely afford it.

"They said we can have it!"

My jaw dropped and I ran into Luke's arms. This was the start of our future. The start of something beautiful and tragic.

"Hey, Taylor..."

"Yes..."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Nuh-uh!!!"

"Yes-huh!!!!"

I squirmed from his arms and ran around the guest bedroom, him chasing me. It was almost a perfect moment.

Luke and I decided to go ahead and start our move in process. We didn't have much, but we decided we should probably just get new furniture and decor. We went to a TJMaxx and a few other places until we had gotten everything together.

We immediately started moving in and getting everything ready. We, of course, moved our stuff into the bigger bedroom and tried to utilize the smaller bedroom as a closet. We had a sofa and a coffee table in our living room, which that was all we needed for a bit. We didn't have much, but we had each other. And that was all that we needed.

"Hey, Taylor. What do you say we break in the new house," he smirked and pulled me into an embrace.

We started making out, slowly at first. He pulled my shirt off of me and then his own shirt off of himself. He carried me into our new bedroom and threw me on the bed softly. We both started giggling. He unzipped my pants and pulled them off, as he did the same with his own. He unclasped my bra and slid my underwear off. What happened after that? A choice that made our relationship even stronger. Something that wasn't planned.