Chapter 8

I drove down quickly to the nearest Walgreens and picked up a pregnancy test. As I was driving back to my house, I was very worried, driving frantically. My hands were trembling. I mean I could potentially be pregnant with my step brother's baby. I heard my phone go off and I saw that it was a text from Luke. I went to pick up my phone and it all happened in an instant. Just like that. A car slammed into the right side of mine. An ambulance and multiple police cars began to surround the area. The other driver was fine. But I was another story. The paramedics layed me onto the ground, feeling for my pulse. They soon drove me to the hospital.

I remember waking up and seeing the grin on Luke's face.

"Welcome back, Taylor. I'm so glad you're okay babe. I love you."

He kissed my hand and I smiled. I looked around and saw Ash, Calum, and Michael sitting in the room.

"We're all so glad that you're okay, Taylor." Michael said.

A doctor walked into the room.

"Hey Taylor, how are you doing?"

"I'm in a little bit of pain, but other than that, I'm fine."

"Well that's good. So, I have some good and bad news."

"What?"

"The good news, no broken bones. Just some bruises and scrapes."

"And the bad?"

"Taylor... You were pregnant and you lost the baby in the accident."

Luke and I both looked at each other. Luke was tearing up. He grabbed my hand and squeezed tightly. Our parents can't know about this, although they'll have to.

"Mr. Hemmings, I'll leave you and Taylor to yourselves now to talk. Everyone else please leave the room for a few minutes."

Ashton, Calum, and Michael left the room along with the doctor. Luke looked at me.

"Taylor, I can't believe this. We were going to have a baby."

Luke started to sob, "I love you so much and I can't hide this from my mom and your dad anymore. We are telling them when they get back from their honeymoon."

"Luke, I'm so afraid of what they'll say. They'll judge us. Everyone will."

"Taylor, I don't care. I want to be with you more than anything and I know that for sure."

I smiled and Luke kissed me. God, what am I to do?