Into Another World: Part 1

"Good morning sister!" Celestia greeted Luna cheerfully, after seeing her entering the dining room.

"Morning*yawn*sister." Replied Luna in a tired tone. Last night had proven eventful. Terribly eventful for Luna's tastes.

"Would you like some pancakes?" Celestia offered, levitating a plate towards Luna. "I made them."

"I... suppose. Thank you, sister." The moon princess accepted the plate and sat down in her chair at the dining table. Celestia following suit after finishing filling her own plate.

"How was last night's watch? I hope nothing too serious happend."

"I must admit; last night was one of the calmest, most uneventful nights in my lifetime." Answered Luna calmly, leaving the part of her visit to the human boy's dream out in an attempt to hide the truth. For now at least, until she has decided on how to proceed in such a delicate condition.

"Are you certain, Luna?" Asked Celestia worriedly, a hint of doubt in her voice. She clearly didn't buy her younger sister's facade.

'Oh splendid! (Note to sarcasm)' Thought Luna to herself, 'She just used my name instead of saying 'sister'. She only uses my name when she wants to get a point across or in cases like this one. When I'm obviously hiding something and trying to cover it up and I won't say what truly is troubling me.'

"Luna what happened last night? Please tell me. You're worring me. I can tell you are far more exhausted than usual and you look as if you have seen a ghost!" Celestia pleaded.

The night princess, instead of answering, looked down on her plate and stayed silent. She was pondering on whether she should just tell her older sister now and be done with it or preserve her silence and say nothing.

Finally, with a sigh, Luna turned to her sister deciding it would be best she tells her now than later, since she is bound to find out eventually. Furthermore, she might even be able to help her. Give her some advice or something.

*Sigh* "Very well. I will tell you. But..." Luna hesitated for a moment in continuing, but did nonetheless. "Please promise me that will not, by any means think of me as a lunatic." (pun not intended)

"Of course not Luna. Why would you ever suggest such a thing?" Said Celestia taken aback.

"I'm sorry 'Tia, it's just... what I'm about to say is very disturbing and for somepony who hasn't seen the true horrors of the worst of nightmares... it might seem a little... too much."Warned Luna, "It was difficult even for me. I even considered getting out of that dream! Well memory." Corrected Luna.

"Memory? Luna, what?" Celestia was confused, "Luna...what exactly did you see?" The elder sister asked cautiously her younger sibling. She was worried that she might trigger a bad reaction out of Luna and she didn't want that to happen.

*Sigh* "Just please listen carefully and don't interrupt me until I am finished."

And so, Luna began.

~Timeskip~

Shock, anger, confusion and sadness.  That's what Celestia felt. And can you  blame her? She was just told of horrors that haven't happened in Equestria in millennia!

Luna's eyes were focused on the ground, waiting for her sister to say something.

"Luna," Celestia began, "You need to go."

"Celestia I know what you're going to say, that this to dangerous and-what?" Luna asked, dumbfounded.

"You need to go. The was a reason this dream called out to you and you need to find out what." Celestia said, "You have to travel to the human world and investigate. Figure out why the child called to you and help him." The sun princess explained looking at her younger sister with a serious expression.

Luna could only blink at her sister. She honestly expected Celestia not to allow for her to go there.

"You...will really allow me to go? I thought you would say this too dangerous and I should remain here." Said Luna.

The princess of the sun looked at her younger sister and shook her head slightly.

"Luna, you are not young any more and I can not treat you as such. You must make your own choices. Moreover, it's your responsibility to protect the dream realm and its dreamers as I believe you have known for a long time now." Celestia elaborated, "You have to go. That world needs you." She declared, placing her hoof on her sibling's chest.

Luna looked skeptical.

~Timeskip~

"Luna, it is time."

In the end, the princess of the night decided to go to the human world. And  after an extensive research on how to travel there, be able to use all of her abilities, even as a human, and transform from human to pony at will and in reverse from pony to human, she was finally ready.

Celestia and Luna got into position, in the middle of the throne room, in order to perform the spell which would open a gateway to the human dimension.

Before they began Celestia turned to Luna.

"Are you ready little sister?"

Luna gazed at the spot where the portal would be opened at, a determined look on her face, and answered. "As I'll ever be."

The elder princess nodded, "Then we shall begin."

Both princesses then activated their horns, feeling the magic coursing through them, aimed at the spot where they would open the portal and shoot magical beams of blue and gold. The two hit the desired spot and combined into one creating an ord, which grew in size until it became a large window like doorway.

The royal sisters were crouching and  panting a little, since they weren't used to casting these sort of spells. After taking a breath, they straightened themselves up and moved towards the portal.

"Celestia...I don't know for how long I will be gone, so if anything is to happen send me a message and I will come back." Said the moon princess, staring at portal which would lead her away from Equestria, her home, and to Earth, a place completely unknown to her.

"Luna-", "Promise me Celestia!"

With a sigh, Celestia nodded at her sister's request, indicating she promises to do so.

With that Luna was about to step inside the gateway but was stopped by a large wing falling on her back and pulling her in a chest for a final hug.

Both sisters held each other tightly, an unspoken conversation followed by a wish and a promise of the eldest towards the youngest, of good luck and safe return.

After staying like that for a few minutes they released one another, Celestia hardening the straps of Luna's saddle bag and with a final nuzzle Luna stepped into the portal and in a flash she was gone.

Celestia stared at the spot not so long her younger sibling was standing at and wished another good luck.

"Good luck little sister. May your stars guide your way."

To be continued.
A/N
Guys...I'm honestly so sorry I haven't been updating any of my stories. I have been struggling with my anxiety and I've been a wreck for months now and I don't know when I will be updating again, but I'll try to more frequently. Again I apologize for not updating and I know my anxiety isn't an excuse but finding a way to fight my anxiety has honestly been the only thing I've been thinking about since last year.

Hope you like the chapter 💛💜💜💛