Things won't be the same

~A MONTH LATER-

Sophia's P.O.V

Things were different around here, Oliver was finally discharged from the hospital. But as for Grayson, he's only been distant. We don't speak unless its about the baby. He makes excuses to sleep on the couch and avoids being with me.

Lately, guilt has been eating me alive. I need to tell him the truth... I can't keep this from him. It was stupid of me for allowing my desires and emotions get the best of me. There was no reason for me to stay once I tell him. So I decided to pack my things and leave with Oliver.

I walked down the stairs to find Grayson cradling Oliver as he watched Tv. I sighed trying to calm myself down before my anxiety got the best of me.

I decided to text Ethan and let him know I was going to tell Grayson

To: Ethan

I am telling Grayson the truth, what happened between you and I was a huge mistake.

Sorry.

I walked into the living room and sat in the other couch. Allowing Grayson to have his space.

"Hey um...can we talk?" I whispered, I looked down and played with my fingers. My stuff was already packed, all I needed was to leave tonight.

"Yeah...let me just go put Oliver down and I'll be back." Grayson said as he stood up and walked to the nursery. He came back after a brief moment

"So what did you wanna talk about Sophia." He said as he looked at me with a straight face. Not a single emotion on it.

"I-I K-k-know t-t-that what I am gonna say...won't justify anything." I swallowed the lump I felt building up. I looked up to him feeling vulnerable and guilty.

"Sophia. What are you talking about?" He spoke in a firm tone, his jaw clenched.

"I c-cheated." I closed my eyes and let the tears stream down my face.

"Y-y-you w-what?" I opened my face to see his eyes brimming with tears. It broke my heart seeing him this way.

"I'm so so s-sorry Grayson." I closed my eyes. Waiting for what's yet to happen, I was terrified but I knew I had a price to pay.

"W-with who? w-why?" He got up and paced back and forth.

"With E-Ethan...it was wrong. I let it happen, I felt like shit because you didn't want to touch me. I felt like you were disgusted with me, and so we kissed and I let things escalate. A-An-d" Grayson quickly cut me off.

"WITH MY OWN BROTHER?!? WHAT THE FUCK SOPHIA! THE TWO PEOPLE I LOVE THE MOST STAB ME IN THE BACK!!" Grayson shouted as he curled his hands into a fist.

"P-please be quiet...Oliver will wake up!" I stood up scared he'd come at me.

"NO! YOU KNEW HOW MUCH I LOVED YOU! YOU KNEW WHAT THIS FAMILY MEANT TO ME! YOU KNEW I WAS WILLING TO GIVE UP MY LIFE FOR YOU!" He spoke as he walked towards me, pushing me up against the wall. I looked at him in fear as he grabbed my chin tightly.

"I'm S-Sorr-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP SOPHIA! YOU LIED AND LAUGHED IN MY FACE! YOU DISGUST ME!" He shouted loudly in anger, and so we began to hear Oliver cry.

He let me go and turned back to look at me.

"Make yourself useful and check on your son. I can't even look at you right now."

I nodded and made my way up the stairs into the nursery. I picked Oliver up and took him to my room. I began to rock him back and forth. I gently hummed as his cries began to calm down. 

"We'll be okay, after tonight it's just you and I." I laid him down next to me in bed. I couldn't help but cry, I felt guilt and regret fill my heart.  I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

After a 2 hour nap it was 9:30pm, Oliver was still sleeping. He won't be up till another 15 minutes.

I walked over to the desk in the room and found a paper and pen.

Dear Grayson,

I am sorry for what I did, I am the reason this family fell apart. Don't be mad at Ethan, be mad at me. I let it happen and I take full responsibility. I don't deserve such a good man like you, you deserve much more than a dead beat wife who cheats. I am no good for you. I failed you. I hope you find someone who is worthy of your love. which is why I am calling everything off and leaving.  I will be gone by the time you read this. I will be okay, don't come looking for me. Just know I love you with all my heart, you deserve much more. Goodbye, Grayson.

Yours truly,

Sophia Evans.

I grabbed the note and began taking my suit case down. Along with a duffle bag filled with Oliver's needs. I grabbed Oliver and gently placed him on the car seat, I quietly made my way down. I placed Oliver down, I took the note out of my pocket and placed it on the coffee table besides Grayson. I caressed his cheek gently, moving his hair out of his forehead. I begin to feel myself cry, I hate the fact things turned out to be this way.

"I'm sorry Gray, I'm taking Oliver with me. But you'll be okay without us. I love you so much." I kissed his lips gently. I felt him stir in his sleep, I slipped the ring off my finger and placed it next to the note.

"Don't go...." he mumbled in his sleep as he hugged the pillow besides him. I felt my heartache even more. I grabbed the suit case and duffle bag loading them in to the car. I picked Oliver up and placed him in the car. I walked up the the house and took a deep breath before locking the door. I walked over to the car and began making my way over to my parents house in Malibu.