Chapter 12

AYYYE LOOK ITS AN UPDATE

Ok so I have an important question: do u guys prefer longer chapters (but slower updates) or shorter chapters (but faster updates)? Idk it'd just be helpful to me if I know what u guys prefer :-)))
--------------------------------------------

Calum's POV

I woke up at seven in the morning, way before Michael and Luke. I squeezed my eyes shut in attempt to shield out the morning light, but I just couldn't do it. Plus, Michael's snores weren't exactly helping.

Deciding that it was useless trying to fall back asleep, I picked up my phone from the table next to me and immediately opened the twitter app.

I smiled and favorited a couple of nice tweets from fans, occasionally rolling my eyes at people who still think I'm Asian. It was a bit annoying, but I didn't really let it get to me.

Scrolling down, I stopped to read a tweet that Luke retweeted yesterday:

"Ashton is pregnant with Luke's baby pass it on"

I covered my mouth to muffle my laughter, telling myself that I'll have to ask Luke about that later.

I refreshed the page and frowned at all the tweets coming up, pretty much all of them mentioning Ashton. What's going on?

"Why do people like Ashton? He's just the drummer, and he's easily replaceable."

I shook my head and reported the person, not even bothering to reply. It wasn't the worst thing I've seen, since all four of us get hate sometimes. But it all seemed to effect Ashton a lot, especially recently I've noticed he hasn't been as happy.

I furrowed my eyebrows and continued reading tweets, a common, and hurtful hashtag put at the end of most of the tweets.

#keepcuttingAshtonyouretrash

The only thing keeping me from tweeting back the haters spreading that hashtag were the fans, who were already defending Ashton. All I hoped was that Ashton didn't see any of this. How could someone trend this? Some people are sickening, what did Ashton do to deserve this? And why-why does it say keep cutting? As if he's already doing it? I quietly groaned in confusion, rubbing at my face. This is what happens when you go on twitter, there's always something or someone being hated on.

I got off of twitter and set my phone down, looking over at the bed next to mine and Michael's and saw Luke awake and on his phone.

"Are you on twitter?" I bit my lip as Luke looked over at me, startled.

"Oh you're awake-erm, yeah I am." I let out a sigh.

"So you saw what they're saying about Ashton?" Luke was quiet for a moment, the room only filled with the sound of Michael talking in his sleep and rolling around.

"I did see it." Luke sat up and ran a distressed hand through his hair, sighing heavily, "He doesn't deserve any of the shit they're saying about him, Cal, I don't understand how someone could hate Ashton. He didn't do anything to those people, why are they hating on him?" I shook my head, sighing,

"They're just doing it because it's easier to say mean things over the internet." Luke frowned, resting his head on his hand. He sat there in deep thought, biting his lip with a heavy sigh. I would kill to know what Luke was thinking, but I decided to get out of bed.

"Fuckin' hell, don't we have an interview today?" Michael groaned, lumbering into the kitchen where I was waiting for the toaster to pop up. He's awake, fucking finally.