Chapter 2

JUST SO U KNOW THIS STORY WON'T BE JUST IN ASHTON'S POV CUZ I WANT TO SWITCH IT UP A LITTLE Y'KNOW? I CANT BELIEVE I GOT 4 VOTES AGH I HOPE THIS CHAPTER DOESNT SUCK LOL BYE ~HANNAH

Michael's POV

"What do you want to write about?" I asked for the 5th time, watching as Ashton stared intently at the notepad in his lap. After an awkward silence that lasted for about 5 minutes, his head finally snapped up, as his face turned bright red.

"Sorry it's just... I got a little unfocused for a sec." He quickly explained, leaning back on the wooden park bench with a sad sigh. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"What has been up with you lately?" He turned to me, expression unreadable.

"Nothing is wrong with me, Michael. I don't know what you're talking about." I didn't fail to notice how he curled into himself, like I was a predator and he was my prey. Why so defensive? I figured that question would be too forward, so I just settled with,

"I don't know. You've just been acting strange, sorry for asking." He grumbled out something along the lines of, "you should be," and started scribbling on the corner of his notebook page.

I sighed heavily. Writing with a pissed off Ashton isn't going to be easy.

******

Calum's POV

Luke and I decided on song writing in a local café in the center of town. It was nice, and surprisingly quiet, but one thing was still off.

It was Luke.

Don't get me wrong, he was co-operating and suggested we even go to this place, but it just didn't seem like he was all there. Like his mind was somewhere else. The employee behind the counter had to ask him three times what he wanted, and I eventually nudged him with my elbow to get him back onto this planet. With a dazed expression, he ordered a simple water and went back to looking down at the floor.

It was frustrating, and I was determined to figure out why he was acting so strange.

We both sat down in a booth with our drinks and notebooks, and I watched as Luke bit his lip for the millionth time and looked down at the table with this weird expression on his face, and I knew I've seen him like this before... But why?

I usually consider myself a pretty patient guy, and Luke is never this quiet, so I finally spoke up and said,

"Dude, what is up with you? You're never this quiet." He looked up from the table, eyes sparkling, a small smile on his lips. He sent me a shy shrug and looked down at his pencil. What the hell was that? He looks like a school girl with a secret crush... A crush? To get his attention back again, I slammed the table with my fists and hissed,

"Goddammit Luke!" Startled, Luke looked up once again.

"What?" He looked around, disoriented, until his eyes landed on mine.

"Who is it?" I took a sip of my drink, watching as Luke's eyes widen, and he starts squirming under my gaze.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." He uttered out, chewing on his lip. He does that when he's nervous, like before concerts and gigs. That means he's obviously hiding something.

"You heard me. Who are you so obviously in love with?" I waved my arms around dramatically, smirking as his cheeks turned red. He tried to gain his composure but failed, as he hid his face with his hands. He groaned,

"God, Calum, can we not talk about this right now? We're supposed to be writing songs."

"Oh yeah, right. So, what do you want to write about?" I chuckled as he peeked between his fingers and said incredulously,

"So you're just gonna drop that whole other conversation like that?"

"Just like that." I said, trying to keep my face neutral. Luke uncovered his face, and eyed me with suspicion. He knew me well enough that I wasn't gonna drop it forever.

I had to know who he had a crush on, as childish as it sounds.

I TRIED TO MAKE THIS INTERESTING OK?! Luke's secret will be out soon I promise ;3