Chapter Eighteen

Elliot's POV

As I get off the plane, I grab my belongings and my book. I quickly glance over the ideas that I've written down. Unfortunately, I did not retreive a definitive answer, but I did get valuable information. I will figure out more on the drive to Lunar Moon.

Once I get to Lunar Moon, I check on the pack members and I set a meeting for tomorrow for those who are interested in a higher position. See, it's typically natural for packs to appoint a new leader if their current leadership is depleted, but in the case when the entire leadership in the pack was murdered, I need to step in. The last thing that I would want for this pack is an outside or tyrannical leader.

The pack-grounds are cleaned up and the members are doing what they're normally doing prior to the events. Of course, I had to brief them on the issues, but I just want to assure them that nothing like this should ever happen again.

My suspicions grow as I see a familiar face the following morning. The Alpha and Beta from Woodlake greet me.

"I have something that you would like to hear, but at a price of course." he smirks.

"And what is that? I should tell you that I will never negotiate. So choose your words wisely." I utter.

"No need to negotiate, I just want to know who will be the new leader over Lunar Moon and I will tell you more of the attack." he states.

"I have no idea who the Alpha will be at the moment, but because you know of such information, I heavily suggest that you tell me what you know. I have no more patience, you will regret not telling me." I demand.

"Look man, I do not want any issues, but I know that the Beta over at Arcadia Light knows this pack inside out and that perhaps you should question them further." he says.

"Will do and from here on, you are not to come back to this land. If I sense you on this territory, Woodlake is going to have to appoint themselves new leadership." I utter.

I am not the one to kill people. I am known to be more reasonable than others. My skills in life serves a purpose and I will only use them for a purpose, not at impulse.

As I prepare for the meeting, I compiled a list of leaders that I find suitable for the pack. Once I am done here, I will leave here and not return. My adviser for this pack will inform me of the ordeals.

Unfortunately, the meeting did not go as planned. I called for my adviser to arrive earlier on site, I need as much help as possible. These people are chaotic without a leader. I believe that they're so use to Forrest's dictator ways that they do not understand someone who doesn't possess those qualities. Lunar Moon is going to take more than new leadership to shape their community.

After countless hours of bickering and arguments, I have finally appointed an Alpha, Lux Pelon, who then appointed his members. I believe that this man will do his job. I chose him because out of all of the commotion throughout the day, he possessed the qualities of a true leader: patient, reasonable, intelligent, and well-equipped. I hope that he will maintain great leadership and do not let his pack down. Sadly, that is what Forrest did. Despite his immense skills and warrior tactics, he let down his pack because of his pride.

I will stay in Lunar Moon for a few days to watch over the new leadership with my adviser. Once I feel that the Alpha has grasped a hold on the responsibilities, I will make my way towards Arcadia Light. I intend for my visit to go smoothly, if it doesn't then I will have to do this the hard way. I need answers and I will get them.

**************

Fortunately, the past couple of days went by smoothly. Alpha Pelon is doing just fine and so are his leading members. The pack appreciates his work so far as well, overall, I believe that this will be a fresh start for Lunar Moon.