Chapter Twelve

This chapter is going to showcase a new character's point of view. Check the updated Character and Setting Post.

Elliot's POV

My family and I had to attend the Royal Ball that the Addington's hosted. What I expected from this encounter was the classic bitterness that Forrest and I share, including Elias treating the event as a university party rather than a ball. However, the one thing that I did not expect from this trip is to find my mate.

Unfortunately, she is currently taken by my former close friend. I loathe the idea of how she is treated by him. He is not the man that deserves a queen like Blair.

You may wonder how I was able to have a second mate after mine passed away, especially to be mated to someone who is taken. To answer that, it is possible to have a second mate if your first mate dies. However, if your mate rejected you, then you cannot get a second mate. To mate to someone who is taken takes more than fate to complete the match. It is true love that could never separate us.

In order for her to be mine, she would have to fall in love with me, and I will mark her, making her mine. Or the scenario of her mate passing away as well. Unfortunately, the only way that Forrest would die would be on the account of an ambush attack. He is too crafty to not be aware of planned attack against him. Plus, he has a major team that could take out multiple packs. I know, I've trained with him for nearly a decade.

I've urged her to talk me if anything happens, but I know that she isn't. She's clouded by her attraction to Forrest. I can't contest and say that it is love or affection. When you find your mate, there is this burning desire, usually that's shared between the two. If couples are on the same page, there will be instances of heated attraction between them.

For me, my desire for Blair is uncanny. The intensity is non-existent because she is taken. For some apparent reason, I have this feeling for her that is like love, even though I've spent a short amount of time with her. It's quite unfortunate for both me and her.

I am the prince of the Royal Clan or how some say the Royal Pack. My family has a strong bloodline in royalty. Because I am the eldest of my siblings, I was granted the position. Fortunately, my family came to an agreement that I would be better for the position than my brother. Thankfully, he did not care for the position anyways.

The Primrose is my pack and we have established a grand society of ours. See, our pack lives in a community, but we also live outside of our community. We make sure that are connection with humans and other creatures are kept to a minimum. After all, we do not want our identities to be revealed to the world.

My family and I arrived in England today. My brother, Elias brought his new mate with him. Blair was sad to see her friend go, but she was also happy for her. I understand her pain... in losing a good friend.

Over the pack, I am the Alpha and Elias is the Beta. While I am away on business affairs or meetings with the Royal Pack, I leave Elias in charge or one of my leading pack members.

I can say that my life is typically stress free. My pack is humble, carefree, and consciously aware of the many issues of the world. I constantly advocate for positivity and being the best that we can be. And if that means that we keep our distance from people who harm and seek destruction, then so be it. It's one of the many reasons why Forrest and I's relationship failed. I will never understand how Elias keeps in touch with him. To be fair, he is still a child, they are both. Although, I am fairly young, I have the mindset and characteristics of man with great wisdom.

As the night comes to an end, I can't help but worry. Not only of Blair, but all of the mates that suffer through the hardships of their loved one. No one deserves to be treated like utter rubbish. I constantly ponder the words that my father often says to me, "you cannot help someone who doesn't have the desired to be helped". Sadly, he is right and when I think of girls like Blair, I often wonder if they desire their "freedom".