Chapter Five

Blair's POV

Reminiscing yesterday, such a short moment in time, but one that I would never forget. To know that I've gotten so close to him, without a raise of a hand or his voice. No careless demands or insults, but it was actually a connection worth speaking of. I'm not sure if i'll ever have a moment like that with him again, it saddens my heart. The minute I feel that my minds steers from Forrest, he has to remind me again of why I care. I can't say that I love him... I don't know what love feels like, but what I do know, is that our souls long for each other.

Today is the day for the blood ceremony, I will no longer be part of the Arcadia Light Pack. This day holds far too many emotions, a burden that weighs over my head. I never ask for much in life, I just want happiness. I haven't spoken to Jasper since the night that I spent with him. I hope that he recovered well, he typically heals quickly. So, he should be up on his feet today. The thought never crossed my mind until now, but I wonder if Jasper will be at the ceremony as well. I couldn't possibly go through this alone.

I sit up in my bed and I decide to read Shakespearean Sonnets. As I'm reading through, Carrie burst in my room and hops on my bed. This girl is super peppy, but I like it, she's cool.

"Oooh, Blair. I so have to tell you something. You would not believe it, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I can practically scream!" she shouts.

"You're already screaming Carrie." I say hushly.

"Sorry, but I cannot contain my excitement. You just would not believe it Blair." she states.

"Are you going to tell me what I can't believe, it's kinda hard to figure out if I don't know what's going on." I ask.

"Oh, yes! My bad. So there is a Royal ball that is going to be held here, and the Masons are going to be in attendance. That means that Elliot Mason is going to be here!" she says cheerfully.

"The Royal Pack leader?" I ask.

"No, the leader of Germany!" she says.

"Ooh, you're so funny." I reply sarcastically. 

"I am serious Blair, the man is amazing, and I hear that he is an ultra charmer, especially his brother Elias. I have the biggest crush on the Masons. Oh golly, we have to go to the ball." she states.

"Are you kidding me? We could not possibly get into the ball. I bet only the highest of the highest are going to attend the ball. How would we manage to go without being noticed?" I asked.

"Give me time, I'll come up with an idea. We have a month, don't you worry!" she says.

"I am genuinely concerned right now." I say.

"Oh don't be, come on now, we have so much to do." she says pulling me.

Carrie tugs me along halfway across the pack-land. I have absolutely no idea where she is taking me, honestly I am still concerned about where this girls head is. I had different plans in my head until the ceremony, but I guess it can wait. We finally stop walking, my feet hurt at this point. I never had this problem back at home. But my mind quickly wondered once I saw the landscape of the lake that Carrie has brought me to.

"Isn't it gorgeous?" she asks with a big smile.

"It's beautiful. I'm speechless." I reply.

"I go here basically everyday, just to get away from the crowds and all of the wackos that walk these grounds." she chuckles.

I'm still speechless. The love that I have for reading and nature is unmeasurable. Back at home, I use to go to the river where the was this small waterfall. There's something about the smell of fresh water and the sound of it hitting against the rocks. It's so peaceful. The forest use to be my safe haven, but recently it's been my escape route. I shake the thought off.