Chapter Sixteen

Blair's POV

Today, I went to the Palace of Versailles and I finally got a chance to read on the grass in front of the Eiffel Tower. Now, I am booking tickets for Italy. I can't wait to eat. I've always had a thing for authentic Italian cuisines. I'm so excited for a cannoli and rich cheesecake. I want to taste pasta made from scratch and pizza tossed with love. Geez, I am so happy that I decided to do this.

I will not be leaving France for another two weeks, but I wanted my flight to be secured. Perhaps, I should've done a round trip of Europe? A stop in each place for one week sounds great.

Over the next couple of weeks, I intend to visit museums and other places to fulfill my every needs. For the first time in a while, I actually feel happy. I have no worries or concerns. I feel care free. I don't have to deal with rude or obnoxious people. There is no judgement or issue here, especially since I am alone. I am finally enjoying my own company, truly.

As much as I love nature, I appreciate the beautiful art that surrounds this city. Not only did I look at classic art, I looked art modern art and visual art. This city is full of wonders, I know I am going to miss this place when I leave. But I know that I will come back eventually.

**************

I am sad to see my time end here in France. But as I board to go to Italy, I can't help but be excited for all of the opportunities there. A girl from my old pack constantly talked about the fashion of Italy, so I think that I will check out some of the stores and boutiques here. Although, I am not much of a fashion person, it can be considered as an art too!

Once I arrived to Rome, I went to my hotel and relaxed while watching the sunset. This is another beautiful place. Sometimes, it's hard to find the right words to say to describe something so lovely.

The next day, I toured the Colosseum and the ancient ruins. I can't believe that I walked to same grounds as some ancient leaders and graced the fields that held so many great battles. The history of this place is grand. After touring, I went to a local restaurant and ordered pretty much everything on the menu: spaghetti, tiramisu, and a small pizza and cannoli to take back to the room.

Of course, the food was great. I believe that authentic Italian food is an acquired taste for those who are use to their countries version of Italian food. I know back at home the recipes were often altered, just because some options were cheaper than others. One thing that I've noticed is that the food is not as sweet as it is back at home, which I can appreciate.

For tomorrow, I will visit the boutiques and and other sites for fashion. I hope that it is nice, I don't want to waste my time, especially since I have such a short time here in Italy. But I believe that I would like it. It's okay to try something new. Who knows? I may end up having a liking for fashion.

**************

As my week comes to an end, I sadly go back to the airport and prepare myself for the next journey, Berlin. Italy was fantastic. I spent the last few days site seeing and eating more food. Turns out that I really like fashion! I wish I was skilled enough to sew and create those fine pieces like some of the designers. I also wish that I could afford those clothes too, but they're a bit too fancy for my liking. I will always appreciate good art when I see it.

On my way to Berlin, I am getting this eerie feeling. Perhaps, it's my wolf wanting to go out for a bit. I'm sorry, but I cannot. While I am in unfamiliar areas, I cannot let myself go. I can't risk getting caught by hunters! See, at home I pretty much knew the safe area for wolves, usually I would sniff out the other pack-grounds. Of course, I wasn't too safe because I caught by Forrest.