Shh

Season 2

Hera was typing away at her laptop in the common room, sitting on the couch. (Let's pretend laptops exist in star wars)

That was when Ezra stumbled in, looking exhausted. "Are you okay," Hera asked with concern. He wasn't wearing his jumpsuit, just the orange shirt he wore underneath. "Yeah," Ezra replied, sitting beside Hera with a yawn. Hera stopped typing and studied him closely.

He looked like he would faint, his skin was pale and there were visible dark circles around his eyes. "Shouldn't you be doing Jedi training?"

"Kanan says I should have a break," Ezra explained. "You should get some rest," Hera said calmly. When Hera said this, Sabine walked into the room, clearly, her motive was to paint something new inside the common room. "But I'm watching Sabine paint," Ezra pouted with puppy eyes. Sabine paid them no mind, taking out her spray cans and focusing on the blank wall. "Fine," Hera sighed, giving in.

All to be heard was the soft spraying noises from Sabine's spray cans and the typing of Hera's fingers. That's when a lightweight abruptly pressed against Hera's shoulders. Instantly, Hera glanced to her side. There he was, Ezra, knocked out cold beside her.

Hera POV

I began to nudge Ezra. If he's going to sleep, he might as well sleep in his own bed, and not against me. "Don't."

Sabine looked at me in a serious tone. "Leave him be. He's been working hard all week and hasn't been getting sleep," Sabine explained before returning to her work. She was right. Ezra did look extremely peaceful and tired. I suppose letting him lean against me won't do harm. I continue doing my work for another five minutes or so, Ezra's soft breathing in my ear.

That was until Kanan walked in, the loud door interrupting the peace. He had a smile on his face, holding one mug for himself and the other for me. "Halo~!" Kanan greeted cheerfully. 
"Shush," Sabine and I hissed, gesturing to the sleeping padawan. Kanan went quiet before nodding, sitting beside me and handing me my mug. "Thanks, Love," I whispered, leaning back against the couch as I took a sip.

My change of position caused Ezra to fall...straight into my lap. "Umph!" I yelped in a startled tone, clumsily getting coffee on my chin. Kanan only smirked at my situation. Slowly, I placed the mug on Holo-table, and I began to gently lift Ezra's hand off. "Mm," Ezra grunted softly, stirring. Swiftly, I let him go. My motherly instincts tell me to let him rest, so I let him lay on my lap again.

"Ha, what is the great Hera Syndulla to do in this situation? Move the sleeping child, or leave him be?" Kanan said in a dramatic tone. I shot a glare in his direction, and he only smirked. He definitely had a point though. I have too much of a heart to actually move Ezra, let alone move. I then noticed I spilled some coffee on Ezra's cheek.

Instantly, I licked my thumb and wiped it away...like my mother would do. "You're getting soft, Hera," Sabine snickered, putting her spray cans away. "Bine," I whined, "I am not getting soft. You of all people should know that" I continued to wipe away at Ezra's face.

Not to add to my statement, Ezra's murmured softly, nuzzling into my touch. "Ha, sure," Sabine teased, sitting beside Kanan, fidgeting with her helmet. We all began to talk about useless banter when Rex and Zeb barged in abruptly, laughing obnoxiously loud. "Shush," Sabine and I hissed in unison. Womanly urges...

"Shut it," Kanan growled protectively. Rex realized the situation and elbowed Zeb lightly before joining the crew on the couch. "Hera, what happen--" "Don't...ask," I spat. Zeb paused before nodding. We began to all talk about the little things, ignoring the sleeping padawan in my lap.

"Heh, and then Zeb cried like a baby, trapped in the vents," Sabine giggled. "H-Hey!" Zeb protested. I chuckle softly, absent-mindedly running my hand up and down. Sabine has told this story very often and in some ways, it frightens me Sabine and Ezra encountered two Sith and held up until Zeb came and saved them.

Just the thought of two ruthless murderers being in a room with my babies makes me go all protective. Gently, I pet Ezra's hair and my eyes widen. It's so soft and thick. I shift slightly, lifting Ezra's head up and beginning to braid. I noticed everyone stopped talking. "What. Are You. Doing?" Kanan asked.

"His hair is so thick and soft, I can't help it!" I awed. "Is that so," I glanced toward the doorway to see Ashoka. She held her hand and rubbed Ezra's head. "That is true. I have never felt such healthy human hair before," Ashoka complimented.

There was an awkward pause. "May I?" Ashoka asked. "You may," I replied. Ashoka happily began to braid and unbraid Ezra's hair. Curiously, Sabine leaned over the table and grabbed a thick strand before braiding and unbraiding.

Kanan hesitantly reached over and I shot a confused look. "I'm his master. I have all right to play with his hair," Kanan explained with a pout. I studied him closely, my hands doing magic in Ezra's navy blue locks. 

"Can't argue with that!" Sabine butted it, granting Kanan permission, and he gladly did just that. Rex reached over reluctantly, not wanting to be left out. "How do you braid?" Rex whispered to Kanan. "Let me show you," Kanan replied, 

We were all quietly braiding and unbraiding Ezra's hair, that it actually startled me when Sabine suddenly spoke, again. "Come on, big guy. You know you want to touch it," Sabine whispered to Zeb. Zeb had a look of disgust, looking over at Chopper hopefully.

"I don't participate in girly things," Zeb retorted. "Sure you doing," Sabine rolled her eyes. Surprising all of us, Chopper rolled over and to the best of his abilities, began to braid too, with his thin mechanical arms. Zeb, feeling abandoned, crawled over and began to braid as well.

"I wish I had hair like this now. I miss being young," Rex sighed sadly. "I wish I had hair like this now," Sabine added. 

"You're lucky you have hair like this Kanan," I complimented. "Ha, my hair doesn't even come close to Ezra's hair." Ashoka chuckled. "I beg to differ but all three of you have great hair. Rex, you have an amazing beard," Ashoka said sweetly.

This caused Ezra to stir once more, causing everyone to visibly pale. Ezra moaned softly opened his eyes groggily, squinting slightly. "Are...are you guys playing in my hair," Ezra asked, lifting his head and staring at all his crew members.

"No...Ezzy Berry. Why would we touch your precious and soft blueberry hair," Ashoka asked, clearly lying. Ezra frowned for a moment, his eyelids drooping. "Go back to sleep Ezra, you need the rest," Kanan cooed. Ezra was too tired to protest, closing his eyes and once again, he was out.

"All in favor of never bringing this situation up once again say I," Chopper finally announced. "I!" We all announced in unison.

"It's so soft," I sighed in awe.

"Wow, I'm flattered," Ezra mumbled sleepily.

I smile down at him. 

Our little family sure is something, or in Ezra's words: weird.

But I still love, and wouldn't give it for anything else in the world.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned~