One With Nature 1

Ezra POV

It was like any other morning, and I sat up with a stretch only to realize my ears were out. I swiftly tucked them in, worried that Zeb would see them, but then I heard his familiar snoring. I sigh softly with relief.

Why would my Mefi'wa side be showing, and why would it be showing now? I stood up and rushed to the refresher and was shocked at what I saw next. My eyes were slitten, like cat eyes, my nose appeared like a button nose, like a wolf's snout, and my skin appeared like blue fur.

If the crew knew what I was, then they would surely kick me out for being some sort of freak of nature. They can't know, surely they can't. Once again, I go back to my shared room and crawl onto the top bunk. There is still a few hours before Kanan comes to wake me up for training. I might as well treasure this time and think. How can I hide this?

Ezra's Dream (NPOV)

The young toddler sat with his legs crossed in front of his mother. "Okay, sweetie. Can you turn into a kitty? Like a loth-kitty like Mommy?" Mira asked. Ezra nodded furiously and furrowed his eyebrows together, focused on the thought of a cat. When he opened his eyes, his mother was smiling. 

His eyes were slitting blue, his figure smaller and his fluffy tail swayed from side to side. "Good job, Ezzy," Mira cheered, pulling Ezra into a hug. Ephraim peered into the room, a toothbrush hanging sitting out of his mouth and toothpaste foam forming. "Can you turn into a puppy, like Daddy?"

"Uh huh! Uh huh!" Ezra replied in a bubbly way, swiftly turning himself into a jumpy pup, wiggling out of his mother's hold and jumping into his father's arms.

"Ephraim, he already knows how to turn into a wolf. He just needs to learn Mefi'wa, like me," Mira reminded her husband. Ephraim petted Ezra's head, and the child's tail began to sway happily. "He clearly enjoys being an energetic pup if you ask me," Ephraim teased.

Mira frowned as she stood up and brought out her very own cat ears and tail. "He needs to learn how to be both, darling" Mira explained. "I know how to be both, Mama," Ezra claimed. "Sure you do," Mira teased, wrapping her tail around the two of them and cuddling them both.

"Mommy," Ezra whined, "cuddling is baby stuff!"
"Well, you're our baby!" Mira pointed out. "No, I'm a big boy!" Ezra declared, his tail pointed confidently.

"Ezra time for training!" Kanan called, pulling me out of my dream. I groan as I roll out of bed and onto the floor. I quickly rub my head and my lower back to feel for claws, ears or tails. Luckily, they weren't out. "Coming!" I moaned groggily.

I walk out of my room, not really realizing what I was doing, but then Hera tripped over me. "Oof!" I grunted when Hera's foot tripped over my ribs. Hera falls to the ground but then I help her up. "What were you doing on the floor?" Hera asked.

Wait, had I been walking on all fours? Karablast!
"Just tired," I replied simply with a tired look. Hera studied me before shrugging it off and continuing on her way. After that, I made my way to Kanan's room and when I got there, Kanan was already waiting for me.

"So, what's the lesson today," I asked curiously, trying to take my mind off the whole, animal thing. "Meditation. Take your mind off of stress," Kanan explained. Ah, meditation. So calm and boring that my mind will actually ooze out my skull. 

I sat on the floor, and Kanan followed. "Okay, kid. What's up?" Kanan asked. "Wait, what?" I slurred, startled. "You were awake this morning, and you were nervous. There's something on your mind. Tell me what it is," Kanan continued. Oh, no...he knows!