The Ghost Crew 7

Sabine POV

I  walked casually to my room, humming quietly. Imagine all the many things I can paint on my wall, like the rebellion logo, or the, uh, hm, I'll think of something else.]

As my door opens, I immediately notice Ezra in a heap on the floor. "E-Ezra?" I yelp. Ezra opens his eyes slightly and stares at me as he begins to shiver. "Cold...so c-c-cold," Ezra whimpered. I was by his side in a second, and I gently pressed my hand on his head. He's frigid!

I pick him up and he clutches my armor, in hopes of warmth. I place him down on my bed, trying to find a solution to his shivering. Sick? You don't just drop sick suddenly...
"Sabine, Sabine," Ezra whined, indicating he wanted to be held, his teeth chattering violently. "What's wrong?"

I spun around and Hera and Kanan are in my doorway, staring down at Ezra with concern. "That's what I am trying to figure out," I reply, looking back at the freezing child. I have seen that crazy look in Hera eyes before. I motion for her to take my place, and she obliges.

Mother mode, activated, I thought to myself. Kanan, reading my thoughts, let out a low weak chuckle. Hera picked up Ezra and pushed his bangs back gently. "Is he sick?" Kanan asked worriedly.  Hera frowned, pulling Ezra into one of her motherly hugs, petting his head nurturing. "He seems fine, actually," Hera stated.

Ezra clutched Hera's sleeve, clinging to her for dear life. "Well," I joined the conversation,"It may just be a cold. I think we have some cough syrup in the medicine cabinet," I suggested. Zeb, who had come to see what all the ruckus was about, shook his head. "Actually, Sabine, we're rationing. Not only are we rationing, but we're already on our way to his drop-off, why not just leave it to his rescue team?" Zeb asked.

I cross my arms over my chest and roll my eyes. Not because he's wrong, but because he's right. "His body might not have adjusted to space," Kanan added. I throw a glare in Kanan's general direction, but he ignores me. As Hera holds Ezra closer, he stops shivering and lets out a shaky breath. Hera sighed softly, "Maybe you might be right."

NPOV

Hera held the small boy on her hip as she left Sabine's room, determination radiating off of her. Out of pure curiosity, Kanan followed close behind. Hera pulled to a stop in the common room and she sat Ezra on the L-couch and began to rummage through the storage closet. "What are you doing, dear?" Kanan asked.

Hera didn't reply, she only continued her strange search. "H-Hera?" Ezra asked as he began to shiver violently. "Aha!" Hera finally blurted, bolting up with a smile.

"Kanan's old sweater!" Hera announced. Hera slipped it over Ezra's head and studied him. Of course, the sweater still appeared bigger than the skinny child, but Hera found that to be cute. "There! Now you'll be warm," Hera explained. 

Ezra stretched his arms out to his sides as he looked down at his new, attire.