You're Not Alone

Takes place during Season 2, a little while after Ezra's parents died. (in the ghost) 

3rd Person P.O.V

Ezra sat on his top bunk, having a mental war with himself. Ezra ran his fingers through his hair, trying to calm himself. If only I had come sooner, Ezra thought to himself. Zeb, who had been snoring loudly on his bunk underneath, paused for a moment, making Ezra himself pause.

Ezra peered down below only to see Zeb scratch his nose and roll onto his side, still asleep. Ezra then decided he wouldn't sleep that night, it wasn't possible. Ezra silently made his way out of their cabin, only to enter the storage closet located inside in the common room. Ezra pressed his body against the cold metal wall.

"It's all your fault, Ezra. You should have NEVER did that broadcast. Then they probably still be alive." Ezra hissed to himself. 

No, they are proud of me, for doing that broadcast. I know they are, Ezra told himself.
Ha! You think they're proud of you for getting them dead. You're dumber than you look.
Ezra pulled his knees up to his chest, shaking violently. "It's all my fault," Ezra cried silently, before breaking into silent tears.

Kanan's P.O.V

I've been up all night, meditating. For the next week or so the crew is expected to take it easy, according to Sato, anyway. Out of pure boredom, I felt for my crew members' signatures, through the force. Zeb was sleeping, of course, Hera was in her cabin too, asleep. Sabine was asleep too, but Ezra, he was wide awake. How odd. I can't help but feel bad for the kid, he only found out about his parents' passing only a few days ago.

I look further, only to see that he wasn't even in his cabin, he was in the common room. I stand up and leave my cabin, and head to the common room, trying my best to stay quiet. "Don't worry Ezra, I'm coming," I mutter to myself.

Ezra's P.O.V

I'm crying. I can't believe I am crying! Crying is for children, but what am I? A disappointment and a disappointment isn't above children. I pause for a moment to catch my breath when the force tells me someone is coming to check on me. Kanan. Kanan? He can't see me like this! I don't need him thinking less of me.

I stand up wobbly and enter the vents, crawling away from the vent cover. Kana then enters the storage closet, and I can see him through the vent cover. "Ezra, I know you're here, come out," Kanan said sternly yet calmly. I calm my breathing and speak. "Kanan, I want to be left alone," I reply. Kanan paused for a moment and before looking straight at the vent, almost like he was looking at me.

"Ezra, please. I just want to talk to you," Kanan sighed. I scoff. "Well, clearly I don't want to talk, now do I?" I asked sarcastically. Another awkward pause.

 Kanan rubbed the bridge of his nose before placing his hand on his hip. "Just--Ugh! Ezra just go to bed," Kanan groaned in frustration. "Sure, master," I replied coldly from the vents. Kanan then left me, and I let out a sigh of relief.

I'm not sleeping. Kanan can't order me around. I roll onto my side in the cramped space, before tears flow down my face. I don't care about them anymore, the tears just seem to happen when they please. I sigh softly, closing my eyes to remember the good times, but I can only imagine it, my parents attempting to escape.

My parents rally up a bunch of inmates, and somehow my dad takes down a few stormtroopers, slipping on their armor and taking his blaster. My mom follows, before the two of them, followed by other inmates, race down the halls, taking down more stormtroopers as they go. Alarms went off and my mom ushers the inmates toward the escape pods.

"Go go go!" Mom hissed. Ryder (the friend of Ezra's parents. Idk if that's his name but just go with it) turned to Dad and looked concerned. "Aren't you coming?!" Ryder asked, hopping into a pod. Mom smiled. "We'll catch up, we just need to get everyone else out," Mom explained, her voice more robotic with the stormtrooper helmet on his head. Ryder nodded, but then more stormtroopers came out of nowhere.

Their guns were set to KILL instead of STUN. Ryder watched in horror as both Mira and Ephraim were shot down dead. Mira gasped for air as Ryder rushed to save her, as Ephraim wasn't breathing anymore. "M-Mira!" Ryder cried. "Find our son, for u-us," Mira gasped. Ryder paused, before nodding, and escaping on an escape pod.

 Kanan's P.O.V

It's been about an hour since I talked to Ezra. It's midnight now. I decided I'd check on him so I entered Zeb and Ezra's shared cabin only to see a snoring Zeb. Ugh! He's still in the vents. I look through our bond and he was unconscious. I suppose he fell asleep in the vents. 

I head to the storage closet and use the force to open the vent, and ever-so-gently pull Ezra out. He's shaking. "Ezra, wake up," I whisper, rubbing his back. Fear and sadness is radiating off of him like heat from the sun. "Ezra," I sigh, pulling him close into a hug.

Ezra wakes up with a gasp, before wrapping his arms around me, sobbing. "I miss them, Kanan. Why couldn't it be me?!" Ezra cried silently into my shoulder. It took me half a second only to realize he is talking about his parents.

"Ezra, you're not alone. They're always here, through the force; you're their hope," I assured him. Ezra listened quietly, sniffling. "I just want to see them again, Kanan."

I stroked my hand through his hair and shushed him. "I know, I know." After a while, soft gentle snoring came from Ezra, and I smiled lightly. "Oh, Ezzy."

I pick Ezra up and carry him into my room, and place him down on the bed next to me. He curled up on my chest and opened his eyes tiredly. "Kanan, you're here for me?" Ezra asked. "Of course I am."