A Normal Morning On The Ghost

Season 2

Ezra POV

I was as small as an index finger, riding on a Loth-cat's back. The Loth-cat was sprinting on water as if it were floating. "Faster faster!" I squealed. The cat turned back to me, still running at a swift pace. "Kid..." the cat grumbled in a familiar grumpy voice. "Huh?" I hummed in confusion.

"Kid," the cat repeated in a more clear tone. I seemed to be shaking me slightly.

"Wake up," Zeb grumbled, shaking my leg. I squinted, the room was still quite dark. "Ugh..." I moaned groggily, rolling over on my side. "Finally! Kanan wanted to train with you," Zeb explained.

"Five more minutes..." I moaned, pulling my pillow over my head. "It's 10 AM, kid. You can't stay in bed all day," Zeb declared.

I looked at Zeb tired with a glare. "Watch me..." I closed my eyes and tried my best not to move a muscle, so I could fall asleep again. That's when I felt Zeb grab my leg and drag me off the top bunk. I hit the ground with a loud thud, my head aching. "Oof," I grunted.

"Are you going to get up now?" Zeb asked, stilling holding my leg. "Heh, never." Zeb studied me before shrugging and dragging me out of our shared room.

Kanan POV

"What's taking the kid so long?" I asked no one in particular. Hera giggled beside me, sipping away on her coffee. "He's a kid, Kanan. Getting them out of bed is just takes..patience. Jedi are expected to have the patience right," Hera asked. I scoffed softly, rolling my eyes.

I have plenty of patience," I declared. That's when Zeb came in dragging Ezra behind him. Hera's eyes widen while I stayed with a blank expression. "He refused to get out of bed," Zeb explained simply, throwing Ezra onto the couch before silently leaving the room. Ezra let out a short moan from the sudden movement but then went silent again. "Kid, you can't sleep all day," I reminded him.

"I...yawn...never said I would," Ezra said quietly, his eyelids still closed. I stared at him before giving Hera the look. Hera gave me a nod and left the room. "Are you sure that you don't want to get up?" I asked. Ezra opened his mouth to reply, but then immediately shut it when he heard running water coming from the kitchen. "Hera's getting a glass of cold water to pour on me isn't she," Ezra asked. I hummed a yes.

Ezra paused for a moment before he gave me a tired blank expression. "Bring it on." (Emperor's New Groove reference) Hera came back, holding an ice cold cup of water. I gave her a nod as she scuttled closer, and tipped the cup over slowly. The cold water hit Ezra's face, but he refused to move. I was actually impressed, but it's not like I would ever show that.

"Ezra Bridger, if you don't get up I'll make you scrub the refresher's floors with a toothbrush," Hera threatened. "I wouldn't mind that," Ezra gurgled as water entered his mouth and swallowed it down. Hera's jaw dropped before an idea popped into her head.

"Kanan, hold him down," Hera said darkly. I did as told, and Ezra sorta began to panic, but he kept his cool. "What are you going to do? Tickle me to death?" Ezra mocked. Hera shook her head, her lekku's swaying with her. "Oh, Ezzy. You should have got up when we asked you to."

Hera grabbed the back of Ezra's collar gently, giving her an opening. Ezra's eyes widen when he realized what she was about to do, and he began to squirm in my hold, but it didn't do him any good. He was too late. Hera began to pour the ice cold water down his back, and Ezra yelped at its touch. "St-stop! It-it's cold!" Ezra yelped, fully awake. Hera giggled sinisterly.

"I'd rather pour it all down you back to be honest, Dear. It'd be wasteful to stop now." Ezra began to thrash around, pleading for us to stop, but we continued. To hear his yelps to the cold water was, amusing. "I'm awake! I'm awake!" Ezra cried out, in hopes that Hera would take back to the cup. Hera pulled the empty cup to her chest with a soft smile. "That's all I wanted, love."

Hera then scurried off as if nothing happened. I sat Ezra on the couch and he shivered madly. "So, are you up for training?" I blurted. Ezra turned to me and gave me a 'are you serious?' look, and I laughed at it. "Come on, kiddo," I chuckled, ruffling Ezra's hair as I stood up and made my way to the cargo bay.