The Ghost Crew Part 2

Kanan raced toward the Ghost, stormtroopers coming from all directions. Kanan held the cargo box tight as he flipped into the air.

 "It's going to be close!" Kanan heard Hera scream through his comm. Kanan pulled out his blaster and shot down a few stormtroopers, before using his other hand to push them all into the wall.  "Come one, come one," Kanan chanted under his breath.

The ramp opened and Kanan took a daring leap inside. "I'm in! Let's go go go!" Kanan announced loudly, his voice echoing through the Ghost. As he expected, the Ghost thrust forward, as the ramp locked shut. Kanan didn't hear blaster fire so he assumed that they were already in hyperspace.

Kanan looked at the cargo box, putting his fingers around the lid when Sabine and Zeb walked into the cargo bay. "Another mission well," Sabine cheered sarcastically, her shoulder armor steaming with a clear blaster mark on it. 

Kanan took his hands off the crate, looking at Sabine with concern. Sabine noticed his worried expression, slipping her helmet off she smiled. "I'm okay, Kanan. That's what the armor is for, right?" Sabine joked, ripping the shoulder piece off. 

Hera then came down, her arms crossed. "Open it. Now." Hera commanded calmly, her pointed glare at Kanan made his skin crawl.  Kanan gulped before lifting the lid off slowly.

A young boy (maybe at the age of 4) crawled out shakily, only to fall to the floor. "Please don't hurt me!" the boy pleaded. He was extremely thin, he wore rags for clothes. Hera went into instinctive Mother Hen Mode and knelt down. "We won't hurt you I promise," Hera cooed, reaching out slowly to the boy. 

He looked upward at Hera, fear etched in his eyes. He had dazzling sapphire eyes. Somehow, Hera was able to pick up the boy and place him on her hip. Zeb turned to Hera with a curious look. "So, what about Fulcrum?" Zeb asked. The boy rested his forehead on Hera's shoulder, his shaggy blue hair used for a veil.  Hera shifted, changing her position to look somewhat menacing.

"A few more hours. Don't worry," Hera said assuringly, running her hand through the boy's hair to calm him. Hera looked at Kanan for a moment, but he couldn't read her expression as she had already turned away to head back into the cockpit.

Zeb scratched the back of his head before leaving. He had no words, and he knew he couldn't complain about the poor child, who was nothing more than a toddler, to be honest. Sabine sighed softly. 

"What do you think Fulcrum would want with the kid anyway?" Sabine asked.  Kanan thought for a moment. "I have no idea," Kanan finally replied under his breath.

Inquisitor P.O.V

I reached my office after a long day, only to see a message awaiting me. I  pressed the hologram on. Governor Price was there, her arms held behind her back. "Grand Inquisitor, I have terrible news," Governor Price began.

"Bad News? Tell me, what could be so terrible?"
Governor Price took in a sharp breath. "Your apprentice, he was abducted by Rebels, Grand Inquisitor."

I was in shock. No wonder my apprentice felt hope earlier, those Rebels ruined my plan! I growl lowly. "We have already sent out wanted posters for the rebels we spotted, taking the boy away," Governor stated, her tone strong even though I can feel her fear.

I shake my head. "Leave it to me to find the Rebels that took the boy from our grasp," I said, igniting my lightsaber. The bright red energy blazed in front of me. "This may help in the boy's training anyway."

Whatch out, boy. I'm coming for you again.

Star Wars Rebels one-shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें