TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE_________________________4 YEARS LATER

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
_________________________
4 YEARS LATER

"YOU HAVE A CRUSH! ON WHO?" NARUTO belted loudly at his brother, flashing the teen a toothy grin. He leaned back into the chair he was sitting in, the summer breeze flowing past the two shinobi. He absolutely loved to mess with the silver-haired prodigy. All of his reactions were priceless, and always ended with a half-hearted threat that was never carried out.

"Are you kidding me?" Katsuo hissed, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink at the loud declaration the older sibling uttered. Their neighbors turned to look at the two, as well as the group of people sitting inside the Hatake family's home. "You're such a loser!" He groaned.

"It's cute." Naruto defended, lifting his hands up slightly as if he was convicted of something. His carefree expression annoyed the hell out of the boy.

Katsuo snickered, grabbing a grape from the bowl in front of them. "You know what's also cute? The fact that you wrongfully had a crush on Sakura until Hinata saved you from death many, many times."

It was the yellow-haired man's turn to be embarassed. His opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by the sound of happy squealing.

"Uncle!" Boruto jumped onto his lap, tapping his shoulder gently.

"Would you look at that, It's my favorite nephew!" Katsuo said energetically, greeting the toddler with a grin. "What's up?"

"Grandma said..." He paused for a minute, trying to remember what the woman told him. "Oh! She said that Nat...Natsumi is here. She's really pretty!"

"Isn't she?" Katsuo agreed, ruffling Boruto's hair.

"You invited her to family dinner?"

"I'm not gonna wait eighteen years to finally notice her." The teen shrugged, putting his nephew down on his feet. "I'm not an idiot."

"You're gonna regret that." Naruto said confidently, resting his hand on his son's head, as he always did.

"Am I, though?" Katsuo chuckled, making his way inside the large house to greet the girl the pair were speaking about.

"Dad, is that his girlfriend?" Boruto asked his father curiously, moving his head to the side to peer at the dark-haired girl that stood at the entrance, smiling at the taller boy.

"How do you know what a girlfriend is?" Naruto asked, amused.

"I heard you and Uncle talking one time." The kid admitted. "Is he gonna still come over to play with me?"

"Yeah, of course." The man nodded. "He loves you so much. He won't let anyone get in the way of your play time."

"Uncle Katsuo is the best!" Boruto smiled.

"He really is."

NOTES
i love me some sibling time !
anyways, the sakura story is going so well. i actually love when i'm doing with it. and the latest boruto episode had me shook so yeah.
love you guys!

-theanimesociety x