TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT________________________1 YEAR LATER

________________________
1 YEAR LATER

"WELL AREN'T YOU ADORABLE." HANA COOED at the baby in her arms, leaving a kiss on it's cheek. It giggled as a response, and she woman turned her head to look at the parent in front of her, giving him a close-eyed smile.

"Thanks for taking care of him on such short notice, Mom." Naruto grinned at her gratefully, his hand resting lightly on his son's head full of yellow hair. He had a bag in his other hand, full of what could only be weapons and clothing. "Hinata's really excited for her first mission since the baby."

"I'm happy to take care of my beautiful grandson." The blonde said genuinely. "Besides, he's in good company. Ino and Sakura dropped off--." 

The noise of objects being thrown and dropped interrupted the woman, and she stopped, waiting for something else to happen.

"Hey, Mom." Katsuo appeared around the corner, holding a raven-haired baby in his arms closely. He grinned at her sheepishly. "Sarada helped Inojin make a really big mess in the kitchen. Don't worry though, they didn't get hurt."

"At least you'll stop making fun of me for messing up. It's not that easy, huh?" Naruto stuck his tongue out at his brother.

"Please. I'm handling two!" Katsuo stuck his tongue back out at the eldest sibling. "Besides, Nii-san. I'm much more mature than you."

"You're were just a baby." The young adult pointed out.

"Hm." Katsuo shrugged, bobbing Sarada up in down to keep her calm. He walked back into the kitchen, letting out his last words before he ended the conversation. "That's okay. I'm always gonna be Boruto's favorite in this family anyways." 

"You two might as well just be the same age." Hana laughed, standing on the tips of her toes to give her son a kiss on the cheek. "Anyways, you can't be late to Hinata's mission. Good luck."

"Thanks, Mom." Naruto smiled and left a kiss on the top of Boruto's head, backing away to the sidewalk. "Love you!"

"Love you too, sweetheart!"

NOTES
trying to decide if i should put sasuke and naruto together in sakura's book instead of having naruhina bc oof.
also sorry for the short chapter!