FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR ______________________"You're quiet today

CHAPTER FOUR
______________________
"You're quiet today. What's wrong?"

Naruto plastered a grin on his face, shaking his head as an attempt to dismiss the question."I'm amazing."

"Please." Hana scoffed lightly, turning to look at him."I know you too well by now."

"Hey, what's that diamond thing on your forehead?"

"Naruto."

He sighed."It's just the villagers."

"Again? What did they say this time?" She asked, her brows furrowing out of concern.

"That I'm ruining you by hanging by your side." He mumbled, tears starting to form in his eyes."And that a monster like me shouldn't be talking with a good and amazing person like you."

She sat there, speechless. She didn't know what do to. What to say. How to move. So, she did the only thing she could think of.

She engulfed him into a warm hug, her golden locks hanging over his shoulder as she held him tightly.

He took in her flowery scent. The way she put all of her feelings and words into one form of movement. The way her warmth reached his heart and built a layer of his usual persona. It was something he'd never want to forget. That feeling of a mother.

So, he let himself go. All the pain, all the hurt, all the disappointment. It went away with the tears that she wiped away the second she pulled him close.

She smiled at him, resting both of her hands on his tear-stained cheeks."I know you don't understand why the bad things happen to the good people. But I want you to listen to me, okay?"

He nodded.

"You are one of the good ones, Naruto. I'm sitting here and I can't believe how good of a heart you have. I envy you and the way you're so positive. And I promised I'd stick by you, didn't I? So I'm going to live up to that. I won't ever break my promises. Because that's my way of life." She finished, pressing her forehead to his an attempt to calm him further."Even if you don't understand."

"You're gonna stick by me?"

The blonde female's smile grew."Yup."

"Damn it. Why are you doing this to me?" He hissed, shutting his eyes closed forcefully.

"What am I doing?"

"Letting me believe I have any chance of having a family."