Chapter 28

I leaned back and could feel my face redden.

"Wha-?"

I then laid back, and stared at the sky. Why did I do that..? I mean yeah, we feel the same about each other, but I acted on impulse. I didn't stop myself and something was preventing me from stopping. Gah, I'm such an idiot.

I shut my eyes tight and then I felt John's hand on mine.

"Kami..."

"Sorry!" I yelled and jumped up. "I don't know what I was thinking, I just acted on impulse, I'm soooo sorry!"

"Kami!"

"What!"

"Calm down!"

I took a deep breath, and looked at him.

"Come on, let's just head back to campus." He grabbed my hand and we just walked back, holding hands the whole way.

Things always go weird around me. I once, as a little experiment, decided to just go invisible and watch everyone from the outside, figuratively, and everyone and everything was normal. Everyone got along, everyone was cheerful, nothing too unexpected happened. But when I'm around and everyone knows, everything changes, but why? What about my draws people towards me?

I've always wondered. Why are people envious of me? I'm not perfect; my grades and power level may say otherwise, but I'm truly not. I used to believe everyone was trash, that everyone except me was worthless. But I moved here and it became the opposite. I was worthless, I was trash, until Kano tried my patience. But now things changed, again, people are acting like how they used to at my old school... they avoid me, they glare at me, but I don't gloat like I used to. I don't abuse my power like I used to. I don't behave like I used to. So why are people like this?

"Hey Kami?" John interrupted my thoughts. "You okay? You were spaced out while we were walking."

"I'm fine." I shook my head, trying to rid the thought from it.

I just hope I don't have to go through what I went through, a third time.

I started looking around and seen we were in the middle of the courtyard now, so I released my grip from John and headed to my dorm.

"I'm going to go rest."

"Okay."

I could see the look on his face where he basically was saying 'don't do anything irrational.'

I walked into the dorm and seen Seraphina and Amber watching the TV. I acted like I didn't see them and walked to my bed.

"I see you there." Amber called out.

"Uhh, no you don't!" I ran in and shut the door behind me.

"Kami, let me in."

"Why?"

"Because we just found out something else."

I opened the door and stared. "What?"

"Come to the living room."

I walked in there and threw myself on the couch and tried to relax. "What is it?" I sighed.

"Headmaster wants to speak to all of the school Royal's as soon as possible. Apparently Arlo is already there, but you and Seraphina need to go get the Jack and get there now."

"Oh, okay." Seraphina and I got up and started walking out our dorm and headed to the guys dorm.

"Can you wait out here, I'm going to go in and get Blyke."

She just shrugged and went back to her phone.

I walked in and headed to their dorm.

Knock knock

The door slammed open and John stood there. "Hey John," I looked around. "Where's Blyke?"

John looked concerned, but yelled. "Blyke!"

"Don't worry," I put my hand on his shoulder. "Headmaster wanted to see all Royals as soon as possible."

"Oh." He sounded relieved.

"You call?" Blyke looked normal. I can still remember when Blyke couldn't stand John, but now I think he's friendly out of fear.

I waved. "Come." I commanded.

He didn't question until he saw Seraphina outside waiting.

"What's this about?"

I shrugged. "I was told Headmaster wanted to speak to us Royals, Arlo apparently is already there."

"Well let's hurry." We started running, hoping Headmaster wouldn't get mad at us.

Once we got there, we walked in and greeted him. "Headmaster." We bowed.

"Take a seat." He said.

We all sat down, Arlo was clearly agitated for some reason.

"So why were we called here?"

"You all know about EMBER?"

We nodded.

"It seems they were reportedly taken down, and it seems the one who took down them, along with Wellston High is wanted."

I started feeling nervous.

"Now I am aware who did this." He glared at me. "And I am very disappointed that it is one of my students, especially a Royal at that."

Oh no... he's not going to suspend me, is he? Or worse, expel? Turn me in to the authorities? Shit, what will my parents say!

"I will not turn you in to the authorities, nor will I let this get out, you are a good student, but such acts will have repercussions. Kami," he closed his eyes and paused. I looked around and seen Seraphina and Blyke looked surprised, shocked, disappointed, and scared.

No, I can't leave again, I can't! I can't start again! I can't go through this mess again, it's going to ruin me! I felt tears starting to roll down my face.

"Kami, I'm going to have to expel you."

I froze in shock. I could feel myself getting weaker, but why? I couldn't focus. Everything looked and sounded fuzzy.

"You can't do this!" Blyke yelled.

"I'm sorry-."

"No, I'm sorry, but I'm going to leave this school as well if you expel her!"

"Me too."

I never heard Arlo's voice. He must not have cared.

"Arlo," Headmaster spoke. "What is your input on this."

"Hmm." He hesitated on purpose.

Everything started to fade, I couldn't see anything, and all sounds were fading, but why?

Why is this happening? I can't control myself and I feel like I'm losing everything at once. But I still alive...

"I don't know her much, but she doesn't seem to deserve this."

"But such actions will deserve such consequences. Do you think I should turn her in instead? Those punishments will be far worse."

"Yeah, but-."

"And do you know what she's capable of?"

"Is she is so powerful, why aren't you -."

"Because she-."

I couldn't focus anymore, I had blacked out.