Chapter 22

I woke up in a bed, but it wasn't mine. I jerked up and realized I wasn't even in my dorm. "Where am I?"

I stood up and looked around. I didn't recognize anything. I walked to the door and opened it, only to find John standing there.

"You okay now?"

I nodded. "But what happened?"

"You passed out after fighting all four EMBER members." He said. "You smiled, whispered 'I did it,' then passed out."

"I don't remember saying anything."

He shrugged. "Blyke and I agreed to let you sleep in here for now until you woke up." He backed up, letting me out. "The others went back to their dorms. Amber and Sera are doing research."

"Sorry I put you guys in this kind of trouble." I put my head down as I headed towards the kitchen.

"I have to admit, we were all horrified when you finally started actually harming them like you did without hesitation."

I looked up and stared at him.

"It's true." Blyke then walked in and started getting food together. "It's like I was watching some monster."

Monster...

"Let's get off the topic." I guess John knew what I was thinking and didn't want me upset.

"Yeah, let's talk about how the ex-cripple became more powerful than most of us." Blyke joked.

"I had to keep it secret."

"Why?"

"I had a similar experience Kami did, just not in the same year."

"What do you mean?"

"It happened second year at New Bostin."

"But you came here as a second year."

"Long story, don't want to explain."

Blyke shrugged and continued with the food.

"I think I'm going to head back to my dorm." I started heading for the door.

"No, stay for breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

"Yeah, you passed out yesterday."

"So where did you guys sleep?"

"I slept on the couch, John was on the floor next to the couch."

My stomach then began to growl. "I guess I will." I laughed.

"But you have to hurry back and change into your uniform, luckily it's still early."

"I can teleport." I wanted to walk and get fresh air, but I guess I'll just walk to school after I eat. "I'll be back, I'll just go change."

I teleported myself into my room, which was empty. Thank god. I grabbed my uniform and changed into it, brushed my hair, put my beanie on, grabbed my bag, and teleported back.

"That was quick." Blyke jumped as he set the breakfast down.

"Sorry." I laughed and threw my bag on the couch. I went to the kitchen and sat down at the table and started eating.

"So Kami," Blyke started. "Before all this mess happened and we came, How was this school."

"Mm," my mouth was full when I wanted to speak, but I swallowed and spoke. "It was actually kind of peaceful."

"And how did you become Queen?"

I almost choked at the question. How am I supposed to tell him? I defeated the ex Queen, healed her, found out she attended my old school, fought an old enemy with her, and she died in his hands even though I had no intention of taking her place or ridding her of her position, so she was basically forced out of it, also I killed her killer without exactly meaning to. Did I mention she's dead?

"Just the usual way."

"Who was she?"

I just stared. "Her name was Sara."

"Like Seraphina's nickname?"

I shook my head. "It was just Sara."

"Wait." John looked at me. "Did you say 'was'?"

"Erm..." I looked at my imaginary watch. "Look at the time, we have to go!" I jumped up and tried heading out the dorm.

"Kami," John grabbed my arm. "What happened to her?"

"It wasn't my fault!" I threw my arms up. "I didn't kill her I swear! It was Evan!"

John just sat back down. I had hoped he believed me, but with what Amber said in the past... "Because once you activate your ability, and you get very mad, I personally was able to see bloodthirst in your eyes, and I think everyone else saw it too." Blood thirst.. Was I really that malicious?

Now I would understand if they didn't believe me, but they could ask Amber or Toru and they could say the same thing.

"I believe you.." he hung his head.

I looked over at Blyke and he seemed concerned.

"Do you really?"

"I do!" Blyke stood up quickly. Blyke doesn't know my past like John happen to find out, so I can see why John seemed hesitant on the response.

"I would like to."

"Just ask Amber. Or Toru. They were both there, on my side, and seen it happen."

"I'll take your word," he paused. "I want to believe you're a good person, but with what I've heard about you, I don't know anymore."

"John!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the side. "I'm not saying this in front of Blyke." I paused. "I know your's, and honestly you have no room to talk."

"How-?"

"Not important now." I sighed. "But you revealed your ability to everyone relentlessly, you told me you wanted people to believe you were cripple, but that changed so soon after you transferred here. It's like your a different person from when I first met you. What happened?"

"You happened!"

"What does that mean?"

"You're powerful, yet you only use your ability for good anymore, you care for and protect your friends using your ability. And from what I've heard, you are the literal definition of perfection. I envy you, you're my role model.." he paused. "I love you."

I stared. What. This can't be happening. Queue overthinking:

He loves me? Since when was I lovable? Am I really putting myself out there like that? Does Blyke like me too? Isen? Oh yeah, Toru does too! I mean I do like John but... gah what am I to do! I used to only focus on my ability. I've never thought this much like this, am I feeling love too? What is this feeling? My stomach doesn't feel right. Am I sick? But I don't get sick. Maybe Amber knows, should I freeze them and then teleport and ask them? No that's too obvious. I need to handle this on my own. What do I do!?

"Kami!" I heard Blyke and John both yelling my name.