Chapter 14

Vanessa bit harder into the rag, muffling her cries. "Vanessa hurry up in there before I break down this door!" Shit. It was Clockwork. Vanessa scrambled to hide her razors and put her bandages on. Clockwork being the impatient girl she is settled for kicking the door open. Her eyes widened at the sight of Vanessa. Blood on her hands, open wounds on her thighs, tassled bandages everywhere. "Oh, my God. Vanessa, that isn't mortal blood and accidental scratchs, is it?" Vanessa's eyes welled with tears as she dropped her box. Clockwork shut the door quickly and went over to her. She snatched the bow from Vanessa's hands, pulled out all of the razors and flushed them down the toilet.

"Cl-Clockwork, I can expla-" Clockwork held a finger against her mouth. "Shut up and ake these." She said, handing her two pills. Vanessa dry swallowed the pills without another thought. Clockwork grabbed a cloth and began gently cleaning the cuts. She seemed tense. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "W-what? Why are you sorry I should be-" Clockwork grabbed Vanessa by the shoulders and pulled her into a hug. Vanessa went stiff but soon returned the hug.

After clockwork finished bandaging Vanessa's legs she helped her stand. "Go to your room, I'll be there soon." Vanessa cautiously walked to her room and waited. After what seemed like forever but was actually five minutes Clockwork entered the room and shut the door. "Spill it." She said as she sat down.

Vanessa began to explain how it was an old habbit, an addiction. She felt helpless. Now that the person she loves doesn't love her back she felt worthless. She told Clockwork about her feelings, her past, everything about herself that could be used as an explaination. But the only true explaination was that she felt awful. She had truly become a monster to hurt him. "That's stupid." Clockwork said. Vanessa stared at her in disbelief. "You aren't a monster Vanessa. It's stupid to think that just because you hurt someone you're evil. Because seriously, everyone hurts someone. Some more than others." Clockwork stared at the ground.

"Don't do it again." She whispered then left the room. Vanessa layed back on the bed and shut her eyes. She was exhausted. Why was Clockwork acting this way? I thought she hated me. Vanessa sighed. Her head hurt and she just couldn't figure out what was wrong with her life.