Chapter 9 ✔

KADE

Ace had been living with me for just over a week, we fell into a pretty good routine of keeping it from the school too. We didn't talk about what happened on the couch, those nights ago. We both refused to bring it up.

I walked into the kitchen just as I saw Ace throwing his head back with a glass of water in his hand. "Whatcha doing?" I asked going to pour a cup of coffee.

"Just taking my morning meds." He said with a smile, I frowned slightly.

"Morning meds? What do you take them for?"

"Well," He started but stopped with a furrowed brow. "I'm not actually sure. I've been taking them for so long that I must've forgotten. I know that they were important, even after I came out Dad always made sure that I had plenty."

That was concerning, to say the least. I quickly mind-linked the pack doctor. Hey, Aeson. I'm going to be bringing my mate in today for a check-up. After getting an okay I stepped closer to Ace.

"I know a private doctor. Why don't I take you to him today? We can find out what the meds are for, and you can get a check-up while we are there."

He smiled up at me, "That sounds great. I'm way overdue for a check-up anyway. I'm ready when you are."

↫↬

I normally only ever went to the pack hospital when I was injured so it was a weird feeling walking in with no pain. It was a house near the packhouse, two stories, the first was for the exam rooms and storage, and the second floor held a small sterile room we used for operations and two rooms for deliveries.

"Mr. Smith! I've been waiting, you guys can follow me right back." Sarah, a nurse, said when she saw us walking in. We followed her back to the second exam room. Once there, she handed Ace a gown and told him to leave his underwear on, then she left.

"Could you turn around?" He asked shyly holding the gown to his chest. I was about to say that I could just leave the room, but he said, "I, um, don't want to be alone."

I nodded and turned around, only to see a mirror behind me. I blushed slightly and froze; it was like I wasn't in control of my body, and I couldn't look away.

Ace had his hands on the ends of his shirt when he glanced at me and saw the mirror. "I-if you're going to look in a mirror there's no need for you to turn around." He said as he pulled his shirt off with newfound confidence.

I quickly turned around when I saw a thin white scar on his lower stomach. I walked over to him and pointed, my finger ghosting over his skin. "What happened?" I asked looking down at him.

"Surgery from when I was younger, I can't remember what for." He whispered so softly I almost didn't catch it.

We stared at each other, our faces calm and pink. Then he leaned up and pressed his lips to mine. My eyes went wide, and I froze.

Ace fell back onto his feet, "I'm so sorry! I read that wrong and I just really like you. I'm sorry it won't happen again, please don't kick me out. I'm sor-"

I cut him off by bringing his lips back to mine. "I was just surprised; I want to kiss you. I like you too, but we should talk about this back home, alright?" I said calmly holding his cheeks in the palm of my hands.

He grinned up at me and nodded, "Maybe one more?" He asked puckering his lips.

He is going to be the death of us. Conan groaned but demanded I gave into our mate's request.

I shook my head with a smile as I brought our lips together again. It was a slow soft kiss, I pulled back and pecked his lips one last time before stepping back. "Now get changed," I said turning back to face the plain off-white wall.

There was a knock on the door once Ace was finished dressing. "Alright, now who do we have here?" Aeson asked as he came into the room.

"Ace Anderson," Ace said from the table.

"Hello Ace, I'm Dr. Smith, Lets-"

"Wait, Smith? Are you two brothers?" Ace asked cutting off Aeson. Aeson cringed and made a face.

"We are related but he is not my brother. The second he chose himself over his family, he stopped being my brother. Now let's get on with this check-up, yes?"

It had hurt hearing him say that, but I knew where he was coming from.