Chapter 1 ✔

KADE

"What do you mean you haven't found her?" My mother asked while running to keep up with my fast-paced walking. I had just gotten back from Europe, looking for my mate. There had been so many females that had thrown themselves at me trying to get my wolf, Conan, to notice them, but none of them was my mate. Every one of them had been missing something very important for someone to be mates with me, that thing being a penis.

"Mother, how many times do I have to tell you that I am gay, and my mate will be a male? How many times did I have to tell Father?" I asked stopping to turn and face her, "The Moon Goddess would never be that cruel."

"Kade, please, rethink this. You must keep the pack in mind. Without a female mate, there is no way for you to have an heir. You need to have children, it's the way of the pack." She begged, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"I don't care about having an heir, I can worry about that later. Right now, all I want is my mate, in my arms." I said as I opened the door to my office. I walked to my paperwork-filled desk and sat down.

Who knows what kind of life he is living right now. He could be abused and bullied. I need to find him to protect him. I thought

"Honey, you know I care about you. I just want what is best for you. I just don't think that a male mate would be the best thing for you or the pack. I'll still love you even if you have a male mate. I will. But at least think about getting a female to have pups with you. Then we both get what we want, you get your male mate and I get grandbabies for the pack." She smiled at me, "Just think about it." She walked out of the room quietly.

Angry, I slammed my fists down on the desk, the force almost breaking it.

Who the hell does she think she is? Telling us to find some whore to have pups with? We will only ever lay with our mate! Conan growled in my head, equally as angry.

Before the conversation could continue, Noah walked into the office. He was my best friend and Beta of the pack. He looked at me with surprise as he said, "Kade! When the hell were you going to tell me you were back? It has been hell without you. Do you know how hard it is to run the pack? Well of course you do because you run it." He laughed softly, "Oh! You should know that Mrs. Hummer, the senior history, and government teacher, is retiring. She's, like, four days away from leaving. I was thinking, since you have a teaching license and studied history, for some reason, you should take the job."

I blinked a couple of times, waiting for my brain to catch up to what he had said. "What?" It was hard to keep up with him half the time because he rambled a lot.

He sighed and sat down. "Mrs. Hummer leaving the school. Job opens at school. Kade Smith takes job at school." He said slowly.

I rolled my eyes. After thinking for a moment, I nodded, "I could use a break from traveling, I need to trust in the Moon Goddess that she will bring my mate to me when I'm ready." I spoke. Noah nodded as he stood up.

"That's awesome man, 'cause I already called, and you got the job. Let's go, we can introduce you to some of her classes."

"Noah, it's eight in the morning. Has class even started?" I asked while he dragged me out of the house.

"You've been out of school for too long my friend. First period ends at nine. We could just stay there and show you to all her class and they'll love you"

"I'll only stay for the first two classes Noah, I have a lot of work to do, and meeting the students that I will soon be teaching is not one of them. The only reason I'm doing this right now is because of you. I'll be able to get to know them more when I start teaching them."

I started the car and blushed as Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper started playing. I quickly shut off the radio while Noah tried hard to catch his breath while laughing.

"Shut up. Let's just get to the school so I can get my mind off feeling so alone." I snapped. I would've used my alpha tone, but I knew he was only messing around. The rest of the drive was silent as we made our way towards the northeast side of our territory, where the school was.