I'm Taking You Home

I just want this month to be over. My parents: dead. Max: in a coma. They want to pull the plug. They tell me it's kinder for my little brother to be with his parents. It's a waste. He's too smart and clever to be chained to machines. Anger boils my blood and clenches my fists. I slam the table again like I do every night. My friend's babysitting the kids, but what if he comes for them too? No, I can't bear it. I know I can't save myself... but If I can save what's left of my friends... anything to end this curse.

I want to scream, but the gasping pulls me down. A cold hand presses against my shoulder. I look in the mirror: there's nobody there. A shadow zooms across the room, but I can't tell what it is. I follow the shadow into the sitting room. How could it have gotten in: the door's locked. I'm alone. Ash isn't here to protect me anymore.

My knees jolt to the floor as a familiar face sends shivers down my face. The shadow evolves into a man: a tall, beautiful and muscular man. It's Ash: my love. The light of my life and every single love cliche one can muster from the back of one's head. At the same time: it's not him. His once golden tan is now blank, bringing out his red eyes and black hair. No...why are his eyes red - they're brown.

The man I love... the father of my children... has turned into A MONSTER! He's fucked up beyond recognition. How could it have all come to this? Memories come flooding in my mind. The old good days where we travelled the world and had exciting adventures.

By the way, he grins at me, I know I should run. If I don't get the hell out of here, I'll die. But something makes me want to stay.

"What are you doing here?" I yell.

"Oh May... my love... why are you angry. I thought you couldn't wait to see me."

"I'm h-happy to s-see you, it's just..."

His grip on my throat silences me. His other arm cradles my hair. "I've...come...to...take...you...home...with...me..."

"I am home!"

"I mean the special place. Somewhere only we know."

The last thing I feel is his ice-cold kiss consuming my soul.