Advanceshipping Drabbles A-Z 2017

Advance

The young couple rested their backs against the sofa. Their bottoms sank into the plush cushions as the girl leaned on the boy's shoulder. The boy, named Ash placed a paper napkin on his lap. Afterwards he poured his partner, May a glass of sparkling sake.

"Wow! Isn't that a pretty colour?" May said with excitement, admiring the pink liquid with crystal bubbles swimming around. "What was the drink called?"

Ash spun the red bottle round so that the logo faced them. He picked it up and observed the floral font.

"Advance: Strawberry flavoured sake."

They had high expectations for tonight.

Berry

There was a rustling battle for sunlight between luscious plump berries and prickly green leaves. As unsuspecting incests nibbled away, strange noises could be heard inside a wobbling tent.

A tiny rouge wurmple drags itself towards the tent. It was eager to see what was going on. A multicoloured cap and a red banana poked out from the tent.

The wurple's mother carried her child back on the trees.

"You shouldn't venture out too far," she lectured. "You could be killed or captured!"

"What were those humans doing inside the tent?" the wurmple asked.

"You're far too young to know."

Crane

It was a bland and wet day in the outskirts of the wetlands. The cranes named Matt and Phil bathed their feet in a puddle as they began to tweet about their favourite love stories.

"Have I told you about Romeo and Juliet?" Matt chirped.

"Yes!" Phil replied.

"Edward and Bella?"

"Yeah!" Phil was exhausted.

"Anthony and Cleopatra?"

"I already know."

"The 50 shades?"

"Even worse!"

"Naruto and Hinata?"

"Naruto and Sakura were a better match!"

"What about Ash and May?" Matt exclaimed.

"Oh," Phil responded. "No I haven't heard about them. Do tell me more."

Disaster

"Today was a disaster!" May screamed, straining her throat with paint dripping from the tips of her hair.

"Today was a delight," Ash hissed. The palm of his mouth disguised a cheeky grin. "I was great with those guns."

"Max was it you that shot me?" May barked, pointing the blame at her little brother.

Max stammered, throwing his hands in the air. "No it wasn't me I swear."

"Who ever did this to me," May vowed, "it will be the death of them."

"Sorry guys." Ash roared with laughter. He thought May was so adorable when she wad mad.

Evening

The day had ended and the evening took over.

An artistic display of cakes and little snacks filled the large table. The hungry guests sipped their drinks as they helped themselves to rainbow cakes, hot octopus balls, nutritious green tea, fine wine, golden beer and fresh sushi.