28

Jennifer thought it was best if I went home for awhile so I did as told. My mother and I sat on the couch in the living room. I sighed and pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. My mother looked at me and sighed as well.

"Derek's a strong boy." My mother stated.

"So I've heard - he's indescribable." I smiled.

"Very indescribable. He's a very kind boy as well."

"I know." I say as I got up from the couch. My mother looked at me and smiled.

"Where you going, dear?"

"I've got to go see Kasey." I state as she nodded. I ran upstairs to change. I tugged on my blue jean short shorts and my white tank top. I ran back downstairs and said my goodbyes to my mother.

**

I rang the doorbell as I finally reached Kasey's house. I waited patiently and then I heard the door open to reveal Kasey. I smile at her and she smiles back.

"Come in." She says as she lets me in. We head up to her room and I sit on her bed.

"So, are you going to tell me the whole story or not?" She asked as she tossed her blonde hair in a ponytail.

I sighed out. "Okay," she sat on the bed and waited. "Derek was diagnosed with cancer as a little kid and I found out about weeks ago. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I just kind of got a little distracted, ya know? But anyways.. I'm sorry about disappearing on you this summer." I state as she looks at me.

"Yeah. What was that all about?"

"Um.. Derek has enemies and those enemies were trying to kill him."

"Holy shit, you experienced some of Derek's battles?"

"Yes." I laughed.

"And?"

"It was scary as shit, Kas." I say as she giggled.

After hours of giggling and gossiping I had left her house. I walked back to my house and walked into the front door. I noticed my mom was still on the couch.

"Geez, mom." I state as she looked at me.

"What?"

"You're still watching the Gossip Girl series?" I laugh as she puts her face in her hands clearly embarrassed.

**

I took a shower before going to the hospital. I got out and blow dried my hair. I didn't put on any makeup because I didn't need it if I was going to the hospital. I tugged onto the towel tightly so it wouldn't fall. I walked into my room and dropped the towel. I put on my panties and bra. I played some music on my iPod while getting ready because it's something I usually do. I danced around my room singing One Direction lyrics. I put on my blue jean shorts and my university pink sweater. I tugged on my converse and let my hair down. I turned off the music and grabbed my phone. I walked downstairs and saw my mother in the kitchen.

"Ah, honey.. I have a horrible headache from watching all of the Gossip Girl series." She says as I giggled at her. She chuckled and handed me the car keys.

"Be careful." She states as I kiss her on the cheek.

"I love you." I say as I walk to the front door.

"Love you too." She yells back as I walk out the door.

**

I stood there admiring his face while holding his hand as he slept. I smiled as little snores came out of his mouth now and then and the way his hair flickered into his eyes. I would pull the strands that fell onto his beautiful face away from his eyes. How can someone be so beautiful? Sure, it may sound weird but he truly was. He was absolutely breathtaking. I heard someone come into the room. I looked up and noticed Dr. Lift standing there.

"I've got some news for Derek but since he's sleeping-"

"Good or bad?" I cut him off.

"Somewhat good." Dr. Lift smiled. I heard a groan escape Derek's lips. I looked down and noticed he was up. He looked up at me and smiled. He looked over and noticed Dr. Lift's presence. Derek gave him a half smile.

"I have good news for you, Derek." Dr. Lift stated as Derek raised an eyebrow.

"Good news?" Derek questioned.

"There's a percent chance that you might be cancer free."

"What?" Derek and I both say in allusion.

A/N: i know, it's a short chapter.. im sorry :(

Emily is all like "ok ok holy shit derek you're freaking beautiful.. you're like way prettier than me lol sob sob."

Derek's all like "get me out of the damn hospital."