25

"I can't believe you said that to the doctor." I say as we finally hopped in the car, laughing. He looked at me and laughed.

"He pissed me off. I mean, what kind of doctor says that shit?" He said as he started the engine.

"It seriously scared me." I say as he looks at me and sighs.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing. None of this is your fault."

"I just wish this cancer thing never existed, you know?" He said as he turned to look at the road. I looked down and began to play with the promise ring on my finger.

"Maybe it doesn't have to." I say as he turns to look at me and then back at the road.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's just pretend you don't even have it. Live your life like you don't have this stupid cancer. This cancer is what's stopping you from everything and you shouldn't let that happen." I say as he nods in agreement.

"You're right."

"So, we have a deal?" I ask as he looks at me and smirks.

"Deal."

***

We arrive at my house. I took off my seatbelt and looked at Derek.

"You want to come in?" I ask.

"Sure."

We both hop out of the car and walk into my house. I looked around for my mom and noticed she wasn't home. I walk into the kitchen while Derek followed. I saw a sticky note on the fridge. I frowned and read it.

Had a late night shift at work. Be home in the morning. Love you. Xx

I sighed as I looked at the note. I noticed Derek look at it too.

"Hate being alone?" He asked.

"Honestly, yeah." I say as I tug at a piece of my hair to pull it behind my ear.

"I could stay with you." I felt his minty breath on my neck. I shivered and closed my eyes. He stood behind me with his front on my butt. I turned around and looked at him.

"What about Jennifer?"

"She doesn't care." He shrugged.

"I wouldn't make you stay here with me."

"I want to." He said placing his hand on my cheek.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay." I repeated myself, rolling my eyes.

"Okay." He smirked.

***

We sat in my room on my bed. I laid my head on his chest while he played with my hair. He pulled out the hair tie that was in my hair to hold my ponytail. I looked at him with a confused expression. He took the hair tie and put it on his wrist as a bracket.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I like your hair down." He stated as he played with my hair again. I pulled myself off of him as he looked at me confused. I got off my bed and walked into my closet. I grabbed some grey sweatpants and a white tank top. I walked back into my room and threw my clothes on the bed. He looked at the clothes on my bed and shook his head.

"What?" I say. He pulled his shirt off his head. My eyes scanned his body. Holy moly..

"Here." He said as he threw his shirt at me. I caught it and looked at it.