Chapter-3

It was time to leave the awful charity event. My legs were killing me, every bone in my body hurt from standing in the uncomfortable heels. I couldn't wait to tear away my dress and get into comfy pajamas.

"Let me introduce you guys to my brother before you leave," Harsh said to us and his friends. I froze, gripping onto Samira's hand.

Hell no.

What? Samira asked with her looks, glaring at me, trying to get her hands free.

"I am good," I said, trying to dodge meeting his brother once again.

"Don't be stupid," Samira said. "You have always wanted to meet him."

"I changed my mind..."

I couldn't complete my sentence before Samira dragged me with her. We ended up following Harsh to meet Tarun. Tarun was busy talking to some fancy people but excused himself when he saw his brother come towards him.

"Hey, my friends wanted to meet you," Harsh said, nonchalantly. "This is Rahul, Firoz, Sameer. This is..."

"Let me guess," Tarun interrupted. "Samira, right?"

If I was not wrong I saw Harsh blush before he turned to me.

"This is Dalia."

Tarun's eyes lingered on me for a few seconds before he snapped his eyes away as if caught off guard.

"I think I have met your friend before," Tarun added with a wink. He didn't look as grumpy as he was half an hour ago in his room. It should have made me happy but weirdly it made me more nervous. This casual, 'I can be nice' Tarun was unnerving.

I dreaded he would tell everyone how I sneaked into his room while he was having sex with his girlfriend. God, I would sound like a perv.

"We met on the stage, remember?" Tarun said instead. I sighed with relief. Maybe he didn't know I was the same girl in his bathroom, the lighting wasn't that bright so it's entirely possible.

I blushed. "Yes, of course...the stage." I chuckled like it was the funniest thing in the world.

I could see the struggle behind Tarun's eyes to hide his smile. He turned to the boys, changing the topic. "Did you guys eat?"

"Yes, we did. The food was amazing. Did you cook it?," Samira asked, full of enthusiasm. I wanted to facepalm so bad.

"No, Samira, he didn't cook for 200 guests," Harsh said. For the first time in the whole evening I saw Samira regret her unfiltered mouth.

"We should leave. It's getting late," I said, trying to save both of our asses.

"Sure, do you guys need a ride?" Tarun asked.

Even though it was an innocent question my head went to all the wrong places.

"We already have a ride. Thanks for the offer," Samira answered for me.

I was finally able to breathe when we sat in the comfort of Samira's car.

"What happened to you? I have never seen you act so nervous." Samira said, frowning at me.

"What happened to YOU?" I said turning to her. "Did you cook it?" I mocked.

Samira rolled her eyes. "I was just making small talk."

"Yeah," I shook my head. I should tell her about the whole bathroom thing but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I decided it was something I wanted to keep to myself.

***

It had been a few weeks since the charity event. Samira and Harsh were in a relationship. To say Harsh didn't have the best reputation, was an understatement. Samira wasn't any better either. However, weirdly they were perfect together. It was nice to finally see Samira in a committed relationship.