Chapter-1

There is very little I can do when it comes to putting some sense into Samira. She was flirting with yet another good looking guy. I don't know how she does it. Being so stupid I mean. Did she forget how the last guy cheated on her?

It was a miracle we were best friends even though she and I were completely different people. Not only in the looks department, that we definitely were but also in regards to our personalities. She was tall, skinny, had big breasts, perfect shiny hair, and that confidence....well it could put Nicki Minaj to shame. We were in the complete opposite of the beauty spectrum. I was short, chubby, wore huge glasses that hid most of my face, and had messy hair that could easily hide two Samira's inside. We couldn't be more opposite yet I was the only friend she had.

I think befriending me had more to do with the fact that as much as I envied her for her perfect life I never judged her for how she was. We all gravitate towards things that interest us more, for me, it was my books, for Samira it was fashion.

She pissed me off at this moment though. She ignored me completely when I called her as she flirted with the new guy in college. I specifically told her I would miss my bus and yet here we were. I couldn't believe she had no care for my time. She stood before the guy doing nothing to hide the blatant blush all over her face.

What was the guy's name again, oh yes, Harsh. The rich brat. I knew the likes of him very well, always too proud of their father's money, no respect for others, playing with women's hearts like toys. Samira was asking to get her heart broken once again. I kind of felt sorry for her but she was bringing this on herself.

"You can bring your friend to the party if you want," the guy said.

Wait, what?! Why were they talking about me? What did I miss? I had completely zoned out from their conversation.

"Yeah, of course, I will, she wouldn't mind. She loves parties," Samira didn't hesitate to lie while fluttering her lashes like a dainty princess she was. God, I will kill her.

"What do you mean? I am not going..." I started to say but she stopped me mid-sentence.

"Come, let's go. I am sure he is getting late," Samira dragged me away holding me by my arm. I couldn't believe the audacity of this girl, after making me miss my bus she was thinking about him getting late.

"What was that about? I am not going to any party."

"Why are you always such a spoilt sport, you dumbo." Samira applied a new layer of lip balm using her phone camera as a mirror and smacked her lips loudly.

"Was I talking to him with my chapped lips?" she asked a look of concern in her face. I looked at her in disbelief.

"He is just a guy, Samira."

"A freaking handsome one," she exclaimed. If she were someone else I would have dumped her superficial ass right there. Samira wasn't like other girls though. As dumb as she acted she was one of the nicest person had met.

"You made me miss my bus. What kind of enlightening conversation were you having?" I asked, putting a hand on my hips.

"He invited me to a party."

"I am not going on a double date with you ever again." I couldn't forget the horrors of the last time I went on a double date with her. She had fallen for another of one of those bad boys. While she was having a great time with the muscle boy, I was trying to fend off his perverted friend. Thinking about it gave me the creeps. I refuse to go through it ever again.

"No, don't worry. It's not a double date. It's a charity event his family holds every year."

"Why should I go to a freaking charity event, Samira? I am poor!!" I exaggerated.

"Dalia, do you have any idea how big this event is going to be?"

"I don't care," I yelled, putting my arms in the air for emphasis.

She took my arm, her eyes sparkling with giddiness as she stared at me with puppy-eyes.

"There's going to be a lot of media coverage. There are going to be so many celebrities. Most importantly, his brother is going to be there."

"So?" I shrugged.

"Do you know who his brother is?" she asked.

"Who?"

"Tarun Gupta."

I pause for a second. I scold my expression. I couldn't let her see how shocked I was. "I am not sure if I have heard of him." I walk away not showing my interest. I was dying to ask more though. I was a big foodie, there was no way I couldn't know him. He looked as delicious as the food he made.

"Don't you lie, bitch. I have seen you drooling over his Youtube shows." Samira yelled.

I looked at her acting to be horrified by her remark. How could I not drool? That guy was a handsome, sinfully beautiful man. Not to mention he cooked the tastiest looking deserts in the world? I am not gonna deny I have fantasized making kids with the guy. I couldn't count the number of times I have watched his videos on repeat. He was popularly known as the FoodDude on the internet but his real name was Tarun. To be honest, Guys like him should be illegal, especially when combined with food.

"So are you coming with me or not?" Samira brought me back to the present from my sinful thoughts.

I frowned, was I going? I did want to see him but I had nothing to wear to such a formal event, I couldn't just go there in my jeans and top.

"I don't think..."

"Shut up whatever you are going to say next, just shut up. You are coming and that's it."

I had a bad feeling about this. Very bad.

"Fine, I will go with you."