Chapter-2

Blue. Red. Blue. Red. Blue.

"Stop fidgeting," Samira snapped, snatching the red dress from my left hand and shoving it against my chest. "Try this," she said.

"Didn't the blue one look better?" I asked, biting my lips. More importantly, it showed a lot less skin, considering I had a lot of it. I was a thick girl. What can I say, I needed to choose my wardrobe wisely.

"If you don't wear the goddamn red one, Dalia...I am telling you I will get handy and strip you down right here in the middle of the store," Samira growled with annoyance. In the ten years of our friendship, I knew her threats were more real than her promises. I was quite sure she wouldn't mind tearing my clothes off if I didn't comply.

"Give me a break. You are so bossy!" I glared, shutting the door of the trial room with a loud thud.

The red dress was a little too short for my taste and my figure. It barely rested under my bum. Maybe if I was a little less gifted in the area the dress would fit me fine. The upper hem wasn't any better, any lower and my girls will be out for the men outside to ogle.

"Are you done?" Samira yelled from outside, banging her fist on the door. She could be a pain in the ass sometimes.

"It doesn't fit," I yelled, tugging the dress up and down.

"Let me see," She yelled back.

"No!" There was no way.

But as with Samira, she didn't know what boundaries were. She shoved her way inside the trial room. She looked down at the dress, head to toe. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at me.

"Are you kidding? This is perfect"

"But this is too short," I whined.

"We are taking this, Dalia. No more discussion," she took my arm and dragged me outside the trial room.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, my heart hammering in fear of someone seeing me in the dress. Thankfully, the store was relatively empty.

She brought me to the cash counter. "Bill the dress please," she smiled at the lady on the cash counter.

"Mam, we can't bill the dress if your friend is wearing it."

"Samira!" I whispered in annoyance, my face heating up with embarrassment.

To my horror, she took the cue card reader and swiped it on the tag on the dress. "There you have it. It shows the price, you see." Seema said, pointing to the computer screen in front of the lady. If looks could kill Samira would be a dead girl right now.

I wasn't ready to go to the charity event the next day, especially not in the red dress. I was one hundred percent sure I would trip and fall on Samira's expensive heels. God knew how she managed to walk in those offensive things. Don't get me wrong, they looked sexy as hell but I am not sure if they were made for walking. When she suggested I wear her red heels I refused outright but she always had a way of making me agree to everything. I both hated and loved her for that.

My unmanageable hair sat like a bird's nest around my head. I tried to straighten it into semblance but it was of no use.

"I look like a mess," I cried out staring at my reflection in Samira's mirror.

"You look fine," Samira said, applying the thousandth coat of maroon lipstick she bought specially for this occasion. I wondered how her lips hadn't fallen off yet.

"Do I look good?" She asked, doing a twirl. She was wearing a thong, an actual thong under the short denim skirt. The crop top showed a thin strip of her stomach. She was beautiful, I envied her for it even though I shouldn't.