Chapter Sixteen: The Past Life of The Grim Reaper

KCABSHALF A SI SIHT (who knows what that says..?)

2,000 years ago...

Many of the inhabits of Clairin, a small village, feared a meek young girl of the age of 14.

They'd do anything to get her away from their poorly constructed abodes.

Splash water on her, set deadly traps, and even have a guard threaten to kill her if she set foot on the owners land.

No doubt, this girl was not normal.

Y/N L/N, an orphan who's parents passed away, was the girl the village feared.

Only the ones close to her hadn't. But the only ones close were her other "companions" at the orphanarium.

Y/N deeply cared for children and their youth, since she never really had anyone to be comforted by. Or she might've simply forgot her parents.

"Y/N?"

A young girls voice broke Y/N out of her thoughts.

"Why are people mean and scared of you?"

Y/N looked down at the little girl. Her name was Clementine, a rather unique name. Her hair was ginger, but dirt tainted her hair and pale skin.

"They think I'm a witch." She said, blowing a strand of hair out of my face. Y/N smiled at Clementine, "Except I don't fly on a broom."

Clementine giggled, "But not all witches are bad..!"

Y/N smirked, "Well..This one is..!"

Clementine screeched as Y/N playfully started to chase her.

The little girl was grinning ear to ear, laughing as Y/N had finally caught her.

The two laughed together.

Darkness soon covered the sky, the moon giving an awfully bright glow.

"Come on. You need to head back. I'll be there soon."

I adjusted my baggy gray sweater as Clementine ran off.

I went into a armory, in hopes of using my small bit of currency to get a weapon.

As soon as I walked, however, the clerk screamed.

"WITCH! WITCH!"

My head whipped around and I gave him a look of disbelief.

He held up a cross, "BE GONE."

I crossed my arms and lowered my posture, taking my embarrassing leave.

How had she managed to be happy all day?