Chapter Twelve: Locked In

I approached Jack, "I'm staying after school in the library." I said.

Jack nodded, not saying a word.

----------------------------

"The Dark Ages.." I mumbled over and over again, looking around in the shelves for something about that time. Some of them were on Ancient Greece, which meant there must have been another "Dark Age" in history. Once I finally found the one I was looking for, I went to a corner, which was rather hidden, and skimmed through it. All most all of the information was false, and I had realized that I had actually read half of the book.

I looked over at the clock, realizing just how late it was. I didn't even notice all the lights went out.

I put the book back and headed towards the door.

But it didn't budge. I was locked in.

I sighed in frustration, not sure what to do.

I looked around to make sure no one was in the library, but looked up to see a security camera. I went to its side and flew up to the camera, continuing to stay out of its' range. I ripped it out of the wall, but a long cord had broken out of the wall, causing my heart to start racing. That was a mistake..

I ran a hand through my hair and decided that I would just take out the entire cord from the security camera. I flew along the walls, ripping.

I tossed it onto the floor and kicked a window and flew out. This was probably going to be yet another mistake.

I stayed hidden and landed on a rooftop.

"My, my. What do we have here?"

My eyes widened and my breath hitched.

"I should be asking you the same question." My head whipped around and my eyes met with his golden orbs.

He furrowed his eyebrows and gave a confused, yet fake, look, "What are you wearing? Are you pretending to be a mortal?"

He could kill me if I say I am..

"Yeah. Been a while, huh?" I crossed my arms, "Since I've been mortal. Too bad it'll never happen again."

He squinted his eyes.

Was he onto me? No way. There's no possible way he could know.

"Say.."

My head perked up.

"Where's your scythe?"

An arrow shot towards Pitch, and he dodged just in time.

I looked up and I could feel a sense of surprise erupt through me.

"Cupid!"

ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT FOR SPOILERS AND RELEASE DATES! MY USERNAME IS marlena7338