Chapter Thirteen: Cupid, Draw Back Your Bow..

He landed next to me and guarded me by putting his arm in front of me.

"Hey!" My eyebrows knit together. "Remind me who's been fighting longer."

"Your case is different..." Cupid whispered, a red smoke appeared in his hand and he handed me my scythe.

"How-?"

"Don't question me and get your guard on." Cupid said.

I gripped my scythe and raised my eyebrows, I'm learning new sides to Jack and Cupid.

My eyes widened, Jack!

I shook my head, I can't worry about Jack right now.

I looked at Pitch, two against one. Piece of cake.

Pitch snapped his finger.

Cupid and I both were caught off guard and I just barely was snatched away by Cupid when a Nightmare almost went through me. (......Back off dirty minded people)

Pitch grinned, surely he knew something was up.

I wasn't wearing my cloak, Cupid had to give me my scythe, there was no way he didn't know.

Meanwhile

She said she'd stay after school at the library.. Jack thought to himself. Yet she hadn't returned.

Jack became worried, despite their recent argument, Jack knew it was hard to stay made at Y/N.

He paced back and forth in his room, occasionally running his hand through his snow like hair.

Jack reached into his bag and called Y/N's phone, but an automated voice stated that her phone had been "turned off".

Jack sat on his bed, pondering what he should do. He decided that he should wait, Y/N wouldn't get herself in trouble.. Right?

Jack huffed, "She's got that Cupid guy anyway.." His head perked up as he realized that he was.. Jack shook his head and laughed, "If I'm jealous of Cupid then I'm the Spirit of Boredom.."

Meanwhile

"Cupid, to your right!" I yelled out, Cupid drawing back his bow and skillfully shooting an arrow towards one of the Nightmares.

Pitch had disappeared, leaving Cupid and I to fight off many Nightmares.

Only one of them escaped and it seemed to be headed towards a similar direction. I shrugged it off, the Nightmare was young, the most it could do is scaring someone about forgetting to wear clothes to school.

I panted loudly for breath, as being a mortal, more energy was drawn out of me. My muscles were fatigued, along with my mental state. 

"Are you okay?" Cupid asked, placing a hand on my back.

My panting stopped and I only had uneven breathing. I weakly coughed and nodded my head.

"Here," Cupid handed me a necklace with a red heart on it, it looked like a diamond..!

"Cupid-"

"Don't thank me. I-I actually got it as a gift for you.. But since you became a temporary mortal, I put a communication signal on there. Just call out my name and I'll be there." His face tinted pink.

I looked up at him, I seemed to be in a confused state. Since I was looking in my reflection from his eyes,the moon was watching- or else it wouldn't have been so luminous.

Cupid placed his bow on his back, "You can whisper my name if you need my company as well." He waved, "See ya." And flew off.

My heart pounded and all I could murmur was, "I hate these mortal feelings ...."