Chapter fifteen

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

HAPPY 'BIRTHDAY' 1D. I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO EXPRESS HOW HAPPY/PROUD I AM OF ALL OF YOU. YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING SINCE YOU MADE IT FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE STAIRS TO THE TOP OF THE CHARTS. DIRECTIONERS EVERYWHERE ARE SO PROUD AND EMOTIONAL AND STUFF RIGHT NOW HEHE OMG OKAY I'M DONE 

***

"Ariana, stop!" Zayn called after me. I ignored him and continued running down the hall until I reached the lift. It was halfway shut, full of people, so of course nobody held the door for me. Great. I threw my head back in frustration and let out a loud groan as Zayn approached me. "Ariana! Just let me explain, okay?"

I spun around so I was now facing him. My eyes were flushed with anger and jaw was tensed. I could see that Zayn was a little frightened by this. "Explain what, Zayn? Explain all the girls you've screwed over..huh? Cause you know, when I asked you if my dad was exaggerating, I really wanted a yes. But no, I'm an idiot, okay? I..I should've known! All damn celebrities are the same." I hissed, hitting the wall forcefully with my palm.

"You're not and idiot, Ariana." He mumbled, putting a hand on my shoulder. I quickly brushed it off and snarled over at him.

"Don't touch me." I demanded sternly. He pulled away, lookin angry now.

"Dammit, Ariana! I'm trying to work this out...to..to explain things, but you're making it so difficult!" He shouted. I froze at the mean tone he was using, instantly becoming speachless. He sighed, relieving some of his tenseness. "I'm sorry, Ariana. I don't mean to yell at you, just give me a chance to explain myself..okay?"

"You've got until the elevator reaches the bottom floor." I murmured, pointing over at the nuumbers above the elevator that informed what floor the lift was on. Right now, it was at 25, but the numbers were slowly declining.

"Plenty of time. Okay, so about one year ago I had this girlfriend that I thought I was completely inlove with. She ended up cheating on me and breaking my heart, so I tried my best to get over her. Just not the right way. There was a different girl each night, and when I'd try to have a girlfriend, it would be over within a month because they knew I was still inlove with my ex.." his voice started drifting of. I lifted my eyebrows and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Floor ten."

"And so all these girls were heartbroken becuase I used them, but I didn't have time to fix them because my own heart was broken and the boys finally made me stop. They gave me what a broken heart needed, and over the past two or three months I haven't been with one girl. Then you came along and-"

"And what? I'm just going to be one of your other flings?" I rolled my eyes. The lift reached our floor and the doors opened, but nobody was in there. I began walking in, but stopped right in the doorway. "I'll see you later, Zayn."

He gravved my arm, not letting me take another step, but since I was standing in the doorway of the lift, the doors wouldn't close until I moved. Does he not get that I don't want to be here right now?! As soon as I spun around, his hands wrapped around my waist and forehead leaned against mine. His brething got heavier. Him geting sexier...

How am I supposed to be mad at this boy? He makes it so hard. 

"Let me tell you something I didn't do with the other girls. I didn't try to fight for them. I didn't try to go behind their dad's back, who is my bodyguard, so I could be with them. I didn't try to make anything...official." He breathed out, pushing me into the lift and allowing the doors to close behind us. With his hip, he pushed thefloor level button, then pushed me against the back wall. I wrapped my arms around his neck, thinking about the way he emphasized try in his sentences. The way he whispered official. The way he could make anything sexy and romantic.

He pressed his lips firmly against mine, kissing me passionatly and thoroughly. The kiss was real and full, in a way we haven't kissed before. There was no space between us and my fingers twirled in his hair. I silently thanked god that we were on the top floor. 

When the eleavator came to a stop, Zayn's lips pulled away from mine, but kept his forehead leaned against me.

"I really like you, Ariana..." he whispered just enough for me to hear. His breath hit my lips, drying all wetness off of them. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will." I mumbled kindly through a smile.

"You sure? No Dalton in the way or-"

"Positive." I assured, pulling him into another kiss that I could feel smiling in.