Chapter two

"Okay, listen up!" My dad shouted to all the boys and me. "All the adults in the front of the plane, and all of you in the back. Got it? Louis with Harry, Liam and Niall, Zayn and Ariana. Okay, let's go!"

Shit..which one is Zayn? Well, I guess I'll just get on first so he'll have to find me. We all shuffled on the plane and everybody found their seats. I sat near the back, taking window seat. Louis sat with curly kid...guessing that's Harry. Blondie and buff boy sat together, leaving me with the dark skinned boy who seemed to be kinda shy. Aka, Zayn. 

I stared out the window, twisting my earphone in my fingers. I've never been on a plane, and to be honest, I've seen too many movies to know that plane crashes aren't easy to survive. Unknowingly, I was tapping my foot and chewing anxiously on my nails.

"You okay, babe?" A low, seducing voice spoke softly to me. I whipped my neck in its direction to see Zayn half smiling at me. I sighed, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm fine."

"Okay..well I'm Zayn." He held out a hand for me to shake, but I just stared down at it then back at him. He slowly put his hand down. "Guess not.." He mumbled and leaned back in his seat, mumbling something else that wasn't understandable.

"Ariana," I sighed, holding out my hand. Of course, I gave in to him. Something inside me made me feel bad about being sassy to Zayn. He smiled, taking my hand in his.

"Beautiful name you have there, love." My cheeks felt hot after his compliment. Oh lord. Right then, Louis and Harry turned around to see me and Zayn shaking hands and me blushing like a complete fool.

"Welllllll..what do we have here?" Louis sang out. Me and Zayn immediately retreated from each other, unlinking hands and sitting back in our seats, refusing any kind of eyecontact.

"Nothing, Zayn was just introducing himself." I clarified.

"Yeah, just looked like more than introducing." Harry's slow voice slurred out.

"Just shut up and turn around, would you?" I rolled my eyes while untangling my headphones. I did not need this right now.

"No need to get bitchy with us." Louis laughed. Harry let out a small giggle. Just kill me now..

"Lou, just turn around." Zayn narrowed his head at Louis, who was exchanging stupid looks with Harry.

"Woaaah, look who's sticking up for little miss sass-"

"Listen, Louis. You don't know anything that's going on in my life right now, so I would appreciate it if you didn't make stupid comments like that." I was getting frustrated and the plane hadn't even taken off yet. Louis leaned in closer to me.

"I do know one thing, love. You're going to be stuck with us for a while, and you're going to make life a living hell if you keep up this attitude." He spoke in a low voice that was almost sexy, but I was too upset to be thinking stuff like that. Louis and Harry turned back around and started their own conversation as if nothing just happened. I clenched my jaw together and tightened my fists, violently yanking my headphones out of the knot it was in.

"I'm sorry about hi-"

"Don't, Zayn. I'm sorry, but I'm really not in the mood. I'm just going to try to sleep or something.." I said through a tight jaw. I shoved my earphones in and blared my music. Was this seriously happeneing right now?

***

We made it to New York safely, and now we just have to take one more plane to Los Angeles and we'll be done!

I fiddled with the bracelets on my wrist as we waited for the next take off. There was no way I could sleep anymore because I slept the entire trip from London to New York. And heading through that airport with a crowd full of screaming girls and flashing cameras was a pretty big wake up. "

"Pretty crazy, yeah?" Zayn laughed, reffering to the fans. He plopped down in the seat next to me and I let out a forced laugh.

"What, the fans? Yeah, that uh..that was pretty wild."

"Please buckle your seatbelts as we prepare for take off. Flight 203 will be kanding in Los Angeles, California shortly." A smooth announcer voice cleared over the intercom. I held my breath and squeezed my eyelids together as I felt the plane rolling down the aisle and leaving the ground.

"Nervous flyer?" Zayn placed a hand on my shoulder, soothing my tense body a bit. I let out a small breath and peeked over at him.

"I guess." I tried to say as casually as possible. He laughed as I failed to sound chill.

"Don't be, we're fine." Great, that's going to be jinxed or something now.

"Okay, well maybe if I just listen to music-"

"No," he stopped me, placing his hand on mine to discontinue my reach for my headphones. I jerked my head to face him. "Let's just talk." He said shyly.

No. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to talk to any of you, actually. I don't want to be here, so just let me do what I want.  But of course, I couldn't say this out loud. His eyes were too cute and big and brown.

"Uh..okay.." My voice had obvious doubt in it. He scrunched his nose, then leaned back, ignoring my tone.

"So how come I've never met you? You've always been Paul's daughter...right?" I gave him one of those are you kidding me looks. 'Have you always been Paul's daughter?' I mean, seriously. What kind of question is that?

"Yeah..." I stretched the word out to make it sound like I was talking to a three year old. "It's just ever since my parents got a divorce, I haven't seen my mum since because she just packed up and left. So I'm kinda forced to give up my life for this."

"Oh.."

"Yup."

"Well..umm.." Zayn looked for the right words to say. I just rolled my eyes...except I didn't really do it, I did it in my mind. The conversation got awkward because I made it awkward by telling him I dropped my life for them.

"Great talk!" I said sarcastically, snatching my headphones and leaning back into my seat. As I put each earphone in, I could hear Zayn mumbling stuff that wasn't understandable. From the corner of my eye, I could see him huff and cross his arms in defeat.